William Schallert

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member
RIP - William Schallert

Probably one of those well known faces you recognise from films and TV but couldn't put a name to, Schallert had a career spanning almost 70 years and was still acting right up to 2014 at the age of 92. His many film appearances included renowned SF/Fantasy films such as 'Mighty Joe Young', 'Them', 'The Incredible Shrinking Man', 'Colossus: The Forbin Project', 'Gremlins' and 'Innerspace'.

On television as well as playing Martin Lane for three years in 'The Patty Duke Show' (a role he revived almost 30 years later for an episode of 'Roseanne'), he did the guest star circuit in practically any well know US TV series you care to mention, including probably his most famous role as the officious Nilz Barris in the 'Star Trek' episode 'The Trouble With Tribbles'.

He also had the distinction of appearing in three incarnations of 'The Twilight Zone' - the original TV series, the 1980s TV revival and 'Twilight Zone: The Movie'.

schallert.jpg

Garrett

Yes I knew him soon a I saw the name, more or less if you watched an American series you seen him in it. I just about remember him in the Patty Duke Show and seem to think that thought of him stuk with me as a caring person. I belive he was the Doctor in The Incredible Shrinking Man if Im not mistaken.

R.I.P. William

Garrett

He was indeed the doctor in The Incredible Shrinking Man.

View attachment 713309
That's the one even the same doctors cloths he wore.
I don't know if its the number of channels we have now but I could name every actor in a series if you named the character but lot the ability now, more likely old age and having other interest.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom