Will Young - You & I

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I really like it - help me :blush:

You , have now officialy lost all credibility. There is no further help for you, it'll be the Gareth Gates fan club and The One for you from now on.:eek:

I blame the Pecan danish, they are not staple tree rodent fodder, you need to give them a miss for a while, otherwise there really is no hope for you.;) :D

Originally posted by mr chadwick
i love s-club:blush:
we all love Rachael :devil:

so long as you don't like s club jrs, you're alright ;) :p

Originally posted by karkus30
You , have now officialy lost all credibility. There is no further help for you, it'll be the Gareth Gates fan club and The One for you from now on.:eek:
Never seen The One and don't plan to but can't stand G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-gareth G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-gates

I say damn the credibility. You and I is a great song, Will's got a tremendous voice!!
Apologies for changing tack but talking of tremendous voices, what ever happened to Mick Hucknall??

Originally posted by James45
SG I know how you feel mate... Justin Timberlake's new album is fantastic!
You know what - I was thinking the same thing. Downloaded the whole thing off Kazaa to check it out and I think I'm gonna have to order it :blush: It's got a real 70s feel to it that I really love - clear Michael Jackson (when he was good, i.e. Off the Wall and Thriller) and Stevie Wonder influences as well. :)

Download the "Funky Mix" and the "115bpm mix" of Like I Love You" - superb :D

Originally posted by Ricardo
I say damn the credibility. You and I is a great song, Will's got a tremendous voice!!
Apologies for changing tack but talking of tremendous voices, what ever happened to Mick Hucknall??
Will has got a tremendous voice - he sings effortlessly. Mick Hucknall has a great voice too but the stuff he came out with after Stars was cack.

I'm all disappointed now. I used to hold you lot in such high esteem for your musical tastes (the female artist thread got me some superb music - thanks!) but, someone just had to shatter my illusions . . . .

Sniff

sniff

sniff

:D

exactly what I was thinking about Timberlake... some real early-mid career MJ stuff in there. I sat up and took notice after that N'Sync/Nelly - Girlfriend track... great vocals!
He could be a real talent. Put away your preconceptions about this fella and give the album a try.

PS

You're on your own about Will Young tho!:D

Phew!

Thought i was the only one that liked on Justin's new track.........

Lovely guitar melody.

Only thing that scared me was that originally i thought it was Michael Jackson singing:blush:

Heard "woodwater" (that's how my friend reffered to him???) last night. Ugh, more drivvel IMO I'm afraid. Certainly some MJ influence lol!

I'm saddened and dismayed that intelligent people can make such a statement as "Will Young has a great voice". :confused:

For reference;

Chris Cornell (especially Superunknown and Euphoria Morning) = GREAT VOICE

Will Young = Any average guy off the street who isn’t completely tone deaf.

His voice is no better than anyone I've ever heard. All his so-called "uniqueness" hasn't got a shred of originality to it on anything I've ever had the misfortune to hear.

He's the epitome of "average karaoke singer".

Phew.. sorry about that. You may resume.. ;)

Carry on. :p

~Chris

Very few people can sing as well as Will Young and make it look so effortless. He also has a rare ability to make any song sound like his own. For the style he sings, he is extremely gifted in the vocal department. Don't confuse originality of voice with originality of material.

I've yet to hear Chris Cornell do anything special vocally (though I do like Audioslave).

Squirrelgod, couldn't have put it better myself. I suspect Chris is a young 'un. They usually have attitudes such as this. Too young to know. God, now I'm sounding like my Dad!!!!!!! and to sound even more like my Dad, I don't have the first clue who Chris Cornell is!!!

;)

am I the only one going around with..

"He's a BAD BAD BUTCHER...."

going around in my head?

Love those silly songs they make up on FA. What was the one about the pigeon? :D

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Very few people can sing as well as Will Young and make it look so effortless. He also has a rare ability to make any song sound like his own. For the style he sings, he is extremely gifted in the vocal department. Don't confuse originality of voice with originality of material.

I completely disagree. There are so many singers, too numerous to even start making lists, who absolutely blow him away. If he hadn't been gifted a backdoor entrance into the industry then he would never have made it on "talent" alone.

I've yet to hear Chris Cornell do anything special vocally (though I do like Audioslave). [/B]

Have you heard Superunknown or Euphoria Morning? I like Audioslave and their album is growing on me a lot but it's a million miles from his best work.

Chris

Originally posted by Ricardo
Squirrelgod, couldn't have put it better myself. I suspect Chris is a young 'un. They usually have attitudes such as this. Too young to know. God, now I'm sounding like my Dad!!!!!!! and to sound even more like my Dad, I don't have the first clue who Chris Cornell is!!!

;)

Well that depends what your definition of "young 'un" is I suppose. I'm 25 in a week from today.

I don't really appreciate the patronizing nature of your reply though; even if the intentions were light hearted.

You don't _need_ to be old to understand the quality of music. Music taste is always going to be subjective but I’d like to think that most intelligent people can understand the level of quality found within music regardless of whether they enjoy that particular piece or style of music or not.

I can’t stand Celine Dion but I’m not going to pretend she can’t sing. I don’t like her voice, can’t tolerate her ridiculous histrionics and I consider her music to be pure unadulterated garbage but technically she’s a tremendous singer.

Will Young is nothing but an extremely average singer. Hyped beyond all belief and presented for people to throw their money at. His music has no intrinsic value to me personally but he isn’t a great singer either. If he was I’d be happy to say so.

And, while I presume, or at least hope, that you were being ironic with your last line, an artist’s level of fame or commercial success has nothing to do with their level of talent or ability.

Some of the greatest albums of all time will never be heard by the kind of audience they deserve and some of the worst albums of all time sit happily on the shelves of millions of people all over the world.

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom