Will you install the NHS COVID-19 track and trace app on your Smartphone?

Have you installed the latest (24th September) track and trace app on your Smartphone?

• Yes

Votes: 43 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 36.9%
  • undecided

Votes: 10 11.9%

• Total voters
On Android? That's a system modification to allow your phone to work with a Covid app, you need to install the app before anything happens. Read the Learn more notes if you are concerned. Of course you have to trust them when they say it's not been activated yet ;)

Is that to allow Bluetooth to run in the background?

Can you elaborate, please ?
If you have an Android phone, go to Settings, scroll down to Google and under there you will see COVD-19 exposure notifications. Click on that and you will see that it's not turned on yet.

Saw this on twitter, if you can hold your nose to click on the link it explains what went on

Boss of NHSX Should Be Fired Over App Fiasco - Guido Fawkes

Matthew Gould is the CEO of ‘NHSX’,
an old friend of George Osbourne, who persuaded Hancock to give him the 150k a year job.

Gould chose to pursue a policy of “Build rather than Buy” against the advice of everyone who did not work for him.

Gould, who read philosophy and divinity at Cambridge...

On Android? That's a system modification to allow your phone to work with a Covid app, you need to install the app before anything happens. Read the Learn more notes if you are concerned. Of course you have to trust them when they say it's not been activated yet ;)
Screenshot_20200620-155423.jpg

Under health on iOS, under settings Google on Android

Should add the location for the API, not the app

Edit: beaten to it 😁 and can't be turned on by a normal user

Last edited:
<-- isn't normal :clown:

Rather amusingly it appears the Apple API doesn't work on iPhone models that have been limited to iOS 12.4.7 (which includes my 6 and possibly 6S, as well as anything older)

My 7 Plus has installed it

It was installed this morning without my knowledge.
Check your phone.

That's not the app is it, it's the framework for when an app eventually arrives.

Saw this on twitter, if you can hold your nose to click on the link it explains what went on

Boss of NHSX Should Be Fired Over App Fiasco - Guido Fawkes

Matthew Gould is the CEO of ‘NHSX’,
an old friend of George Osbourne, who persuaded Hancock to give him the 150k a year job.

Gould chose to pursue a policy of “Build rather than Buy” against the advice of everyone who did not work for him.

Gould, who read philosophy and divinity at Cambridge...

This isn’t aimed at you, but I see Guido is getting his usual pro-Tory spin ahead of the blame. Doesn’t say much for Hancock, being “persuaded” by the former Chancellor to employ him (is Hancock in the HR Department of NHSX?).

It’s funny that when someone else blames a Minister for a failure within their Department (at any level), they’re usually defended by people saying that they’re not responsible, or have visibility of everything below them, yet Guido has gone in with excuse that Hancock was “persuaded” to employ him so it’s not his fault.

This isn’t aimed at you, but I see Guido is getting his usual pro-Tory spin ahead of the blame. Doesn’t say much for Hancock, being “persuaded” by the former Chancellor to employ him (is Hancock in the HR Department of NHSX?).

It’s funny that when someone else blames a Minister for a failure within their Department (at any level), they’re usually defended by people saying that they’re not responsible, or have visibility of everything below them, yet Guido has gone in with excuse that Hancock was “persuaded” to employ him so it’s not his fault.
I missed the spin and thought the facts were there for those that wanted them

If this was a business then yes, Gould should be fired. But also Hancock placing him in position is a real issue of judgement and should impact on him too, if your going to put idiots in charge then you need to be responsible for when they screw up, of anything over the last 3 months this is the most idiotic.

It's been going on for decades, labour and tory, these jobs for the boys (aka quangos) get away with murder, most years this guy would have slipped under the radar but got caught out due to pandemic.

I missed the spin and thought the facts were there for those that wanted them

If this was a business then yes, Gould should be fired. But also Hancock placing him in position is a real issue of judgement and should impact on him too, if your going to put idiots in charge then you need to be responsible for when they screw up, of anything over the last 3 months this is the most idiotic.

It's been going on for decades, labour and tory, these jobs for the boys (aka quangos) get away with murder, most years this guy would have slipped under the radar but got caught out due to pandemic.

I agree in principle, but as this is a Guido article it can’t be taken at purely face value, there is always an angle.

I had a brief look back through Guido articles about the NHSX app (then washed fully afterwards!), and he’s been pretty scathing about the app/security/functionality from when it was first announced by all accounts. I’m not sure Hancock would be directly responsible for hiring someone in NHSX, but it looks like Guido is hanging him out, along with Gould, which means he’s probably protecting someone else, most likely Johnson as that’s his (Guido) usual role.

I agree in principle, but as this is a Guido article it can’t be taken at purely face value, there is always an angle.

I had a brief look back through Guido articles about the NHSX app (then washed fully afterwards!), and he’s been pretty scathing about the app/security/functionality from when it was first announced by all accounts. I’m not sure Hancock would be directly responsible for hiring someone in NHSX, but it looks like Guido is hanging him out, along with Gould, which means he’s probably protecting someone else, most likely Johnson as that’s his (Guido) usual role.
I had a read to and got the impression he really isn’t a quango fan
But what’s the alternative, privatisation?

then we’re back to basic politics, private sector vs government and so on. Ignoring the background we have facts though.

I doubt boris had a clue beyond Hancock saying he’s “on it” but it’s a major cock up, we all could see it coming and now we know why, was jobs for the boys, a disgruntled philosophy and divinity grad in charge of NHS app development

Not sure how to check out when Gould got the job, easy thing would have been to blame it on the May government and so on

I had a read to and got the impression he really isn’t a quango fan
But what’s the alternative, privatisation?

then we’re back to basic politics, private sector vs government and so on. Ignoring the background we have facts though.

I doubt boris had a clue beyond Hancock saying he’s “on it” but it’s a major cock up, we all could see it coming and now we know why, was jobs for the boys, a disgruntled philosophy and divinity grad in charge of NHS app development

Not sure how to check out when Gould got the job, easy thing would have been to blame it on the May government and so on

May 2019 according to Wikipedia;

Matthew Gould - Wikipedia

and was described as an “Inspirational public servant” by Michael Gove in April 2020 (according to that article)

Hancock became Health Secretary in 2018.

No wonder Matt Hancock didn't take the briefing today, also no scientists were willing to put their head above the parapet!

The government were lucky this mornings newspapers were full of Vera Lynn's passing.

They'll be hoping for a similar distraction tonight!

Seems the government got their wish, as the terrible events in Reading have kept the Tracing App fiasco off the Sunday paper's front pages.

Is anyone surprised?

Not anymore!

The whole test and trace system appears to have fallen off a cliff edge, and I didn't realise it had gone as far as above.

At a loss for words for once as to how something could have been so poorly managed from outset. Once could almost use the word sabotage.....

That would require competence and lack of ego.

I'm reading that the UK's app has cost 600 times as much as the German one. Seems a bit hard to believe.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom