Will you get the vaccine if it becomes available?

When a Covid-19 vaccine becomes available, will you take it?

• Yes / I've signed up for a trial

Votes: 107 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 23.0%

• Total voters
Sorry if it’s wrong thread. But noticed recently on the news, the vaccine numbers going down. I’ve been so used to seeing 400k - 500k. That <200k per day seems quite low now.

However on local news they have mentioned more vaccine centres opening up, which makes the recent lower counts sound even more odd?

Any ideas? All I can think of is that the next level of people in groups 5-9 are smaller in comparison to the initial 1-4
I noticed that too.

I would Imagine the capacity to deliver is building up (which we will need to maintain 1st doses whilst doing 2nd doses) but supplies are going through a bit of a lull.

Hoping as over 50s we get first dose in March , early April as both of us are still going out to work .

Supplies have been "lumpy" according to Hancock this last week or so as had been expected but supplies will be much higher in March so as to get back on track to see 500k a day + levels in a few weeks time.

Two of our local jab centres have paused jabbing this week as their supplies have been re-directed to other regions that are not as advanced in their jab programmes as us.

Frustrating, but I suppose it makes sense.

Supplies have been "lumpy" according to Hancock this last week or so as had been expected but supplies will be much higher in March so as to get back on track to see 500k a day + levels in a few weeks time.

The Moderna Vaccine will soon be available? Not a specific date I see about .

Two of our local jab centres have paused jabbing this week as their supplies have been re-directed to other regions that are not as advanced in their jab programmes as us.

Frustrating, but I suppose it makes sense.

Yep, it is the right thing to do, if a bit annoying for your local community.

Matt Hancock is doing a fantastic job. He should get a knighthood.

jk.gif

Sorry if it’s wrong thread. But noticed recently on the news, the vaccine numbers going down. I’ve been so used to seeing 400k - 500k. That <200k per day seems quite low now.

However on the local news they have mentioned more vaccine centres opening up, like the Madejski stadium (Reading FC) which makes the recent lower counts sound even more odd?

Any ideas? All I can think of, is that maybe the next level of people in groups 5-9 are smaller in comparison to the initial 1-4?

Don't forget as we go down the age groups the amount of "non-takers" will increase, meaning the vaccinated numbers (for that time period) will drop, as it seems to be the younger generations that are the more likely to refuse vaccination. Of course this isn't exclusive to the under 40's, and also is in no way encompassing them all.

Anyway, I had my first jab last week (the AZ one) so looking to May to have the 2nd. I had no side-effects as far as feeling ill or any covid-like symptoms, although I was surprised my arm was still "tired" for almost a week. It's only begun to feel normal yesterday and today. It wasn't hampering, but I couldn't move it as quickly as I would normally as the muscle just felt tired and overworked, like I'd done far too much swimming for example. Other than that, ticketyboo

Don't forget as we go down the age groups the amount of "non-takers" will increase, meaning the vaccinated numbers (for that time period) will drop, as it seems to be the younger generations that are the more likely to refuse vaccination. Of course this isn't exclusive to the under 40's, and also is in no way encompassing them all.

It's not as bad as you might think.

Numbers willing to have it have gone way up.

First and second wave just refers to the 2 different surveys by the way.

The drop in vaccination numbers is mostly just down to drops in supply and has known about for weeks, mostly Pfizer limting supply for a short time while they had some work done at their manufacturing plant in Europe. The work will mean even greater yields from next month.

Capture.PNG

That's encouraging. A friend of mine is quite vocal about not having it (he's in the upper 40's bracket) and yesterday posted an "article" on the vaccination passport being discrimination etc etc. I tend not to take any notice as I learned it's almost impossible to educate/change people's minds about these sorts of things. But since we're due to go to a couple of concerts this year (not that I expect them to happen), so I asked, hypothetically, if being vaccinated was a requirement to enter/attend, what would he do, and he replied he would forgo them and ask for a refund.

That's encouraging. A friend of mine is quite vocal about not having it (he's in the upper 40's bracket) and yesterday posted an "article" on the vaccination passport being discrimination etc etc. I tend not to take any notice as I learned it's almost impossible to educate/change people's minds about these sorts of things. But since we're due to go to a couple of concerts this year (not that I expect them to happen), so I asked, hypothetically, if being vaccinated was a requirement to enter/attend, what would he do, and he replied he would forgo them and ask for a refund.

If vaccination rates really declined once we hit the under 50s I could see a case for domestic passports, even though I hate the idea, but I'm starting to think they won't be necessary.

According to a recent ONS report 92% of the top 9 groups are willing to take the vaccine. Thats 92% of 32 million. Moving to the under 50s still shows a very high acceptance rate. And I think it'll jump even higher once it comes to them actually being faced with the choice.

Funnily enough, I was wondering if uptake will be lower, as we go through younger groups.
Possibly a coincidence, but the younger groups will be more exposed to the fake news on social media.

anyway I got my first jab and I’m 40

My wife is front line and had hers a few weeks ago, they have now extended it to family members over 50 of the NHS staff member, i get mine tomorrow, i'm 51

A nice consideration.

I got a letter this morning about the appointments.
Off to the hospital tomorrow for the last appointment and get the last blood draw done, see if I did get the vaccine.
I doubt I have because I had no reaction to the previous injections.

Last edited:
I got a letter this morning about the appointments.
Off to the hospital tomorrow for the last appointment and get the last blood draw done, see if I did get the vaccine.
I doubt I have because I had no reaction to the previous injections.

I can't wait to hear the result, as your continuing story has now reached the best cliff-hanger since "Who shot JR"! :D

The age at which you can book a vaccine has dropped. You can now book it if you are aged 60 or over.

Bookings keep going live before the "official" dates. It worked for over 60s last week.

The wife is in her early fifties so I just keep plugging in her NHS number every few days just in case ;)

Bookings keep going live before the "official" dates. It worked for over 60s last week.

The wife is in her early fifties so I just keep plugging in her NHS number every few days just in case ;)
There's certainly no harm. I keep checking for a mate who is in his 50s. He hasn't got the internet.

Great news today about the effectiveness of both vaccines especially after some of the bad foreign press the AZ vaccine has had. The EU will now be demanding they get more AZ.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom