Will you get the vaccine if it becomes available?

When a Covid-19 vaccine becomes available, will you take it?

• Yes / I've signed up for a trial

Votes: 107 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 23.0%

• Total voters
Wouldn't that itself have to be a long term study?

What's your definition of independent?

Nothing would convince this guy I recently conversed with, who just dismissed any science and my experience as being a paid up conspirator with "Mr Billy boy vaccine" ...

Can I have a quantum tattoo, please? I assume that will give me super powers?

A little pessimism possibly. Maybe Merck aren't quite as far advanced as some, or maybe it's a touch of realism.
His comments on equitable supply and "Ultra-Nationalism" are interesting too.

I don't see myself as an anti-vaxxer as I have no problems ensuring children are vaccinated to stop measles and so on.

I personally think that they should not be allowed to go to nursery or school if they remain unvaccinates.

But I do feel concerned about the idea of taking a vaccine for this which is rushed through and won't be having the year's worth of rigourous testing.

So unless it becomes mandatory, I would prefer to exercise some caution and continue to wear my masks and socially distance and all those requirements, rather than rush in to take it.

I don't see myself as an anti-vaxxer as I have no problems ensuring children are vaccinated to stop measles and so on.

I personally think that they should not be allowed to go to nursery or school if they remain unvaccinates.

But I do feel concerned about the idea of taking a vaccine for this which is rushed through and won't be having the year's worth of rigourous testing.

So unless it becomes mandatory, I would prefer to exercise some caution and continue to wear my masks and socially distance and all those requirements, rather than rush in to take it.

Even those its being rushed,its still has to pass normal process,as for any vaccine,and to get the world back to as normal as possible we need one a quick .
And the different group working on one,say they are not cutting any corners,just science has advance that they maybe able get it out quicker.
:)

A little pessimism possibly. Maybe Merck aren't quite as far advanced as some, or maybe it's a touch of realism.
His comments on equitable supply and "Ultra-Nationalism" are interesting too.

He hints at a wider issue to all this as well, the possible "talking up" of the vaccine as being the means to get back to normal. If we are all looking to the imminent vaccine to get us out of this, it distracts from any efforts to try and co-exist with the virus. Therefore any lock down measures are made easier to accept because "hey, no need to worry, the vaccine is just around the corner!". But what if the vaccine doesn't arrive, we are suddenly up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Even those its being rushed,its still has to pass normal process,as for any vaccine,and to get the world back to as normal as possible we need one a quick .
And the different group working on one,say they are not cutting any corners,just science has advance that they maybe able get it out quicker.
:)
It's not corners that are being cut, it's red tape ... many infuriating bureaucratic obstacles have been removed all over the world to fast track development and roll out of diagnostic tests, antivirals, vaccines, etc, in order to beat the pandemic.

Plus the vaccine projects will be top priority when it comes to resources.

You would rather a lot of people died if things went differently?

I'll have the vaccine but I won't be anywhere near the first in line. Maybe after six months when it's really clear if there are side effects and what the risks are.

There are some vaccines I wouldn't trust e.g. the one from Russia!

She and the team have a good track record.

I see a very large Darwin award on the horizon .

whole generation does prefer information from TicToc and Whatsup scientists instead trusting science.
We have an emeritus professor of the TikTok and WhatsApp Academy of Technology gracing this thread with his presence.

I've put my name forward for UK vaccine trials on the website , I've had the flu vaccine for years as free from work with no issue . I would be willing to have the vaccine and contract Coronavirus/C19 to see how effective it is . As an overweight 54 yo I should be in the demographic that would end up in ICU .

I've put my name forward for UK vaccine trials on the website , I've had the flu vaccine for years as free from work with no issue . I would be willing to have the vaccine and contract Coronavirus/C19 to see how effective it is . As an overweight 54 yo I should be in the demographic that would end up in ICU .

You would deliberately contract the virus? You are a braver man than me.

It's logical, my only health issue was the flu last year and that was because I had a B12 deficiency so someone like raduv1 would give them a range of volunteers.

You would deliberately contract the virus? You are a braver man than me.

Risk management.

I worked all during the lockdown , my greatest risk from catching the virus is from work . I'm gonna contract it at some point with no vaccine .

Take the vaccine trial ,stage one trials very promising. Contract the virus after the vaccine .

Risk assessment for myself is , I'm gonna get the virus at some point and would rather contract it in a controlled environment that has a greater tolerance for success for myself to keep living .

Risk management.

I worked all during the lockdown , my greatest risk from catching the virus is from work . I'm gonna contract it at some point with no vaccine .

Take the vaccine trial ,stage one trials very promising. Contract the virus after the vaccine .

Risk assessment for myself is , I'm gonna get the virus at some point and would rather contract it in a controlled environment that has a greater tolerance for success for myself to keep living .

Just out of interest, would the tests be able to tell if you had previously had the virus?

Just out of interest, would the tests be able to tell if you had previously had the virus?

I have not had the virus , according to antibody test . Two weeks back .

I likely had the virus in March after some time in London but unconfirmed due to lack of testing availability at the time. Never the less signed up for both vaccine trials and plasma donation depending on what's possibly (if either).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom