Will you get the vaccine if it becomes available?

When a Covid-19 vaccine becomes available, will you take it?

• Yes / I've signed up for a trial

Votes: 107 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 23.0%

• Total voters
I've always thought it was going to be optimistic to get one by the end of the year, but here's hoping.

For the winter would be very nice indeed. An early Christmas present!

I hope we don't end up having some type of lottery to see who gets it, like in "Contagion", the movie!

I assume decisions will be made on of risk and ability to benefit.

Reasonable.

You mean the rest of you haven’t had your official letter yet confirming you will receive the vaccine? :censored:

I would imagine it will, in the first instance, be offered to everyone who currently qualifies for a free flu jab, and front line medical and care workers, assuming they have enough to go around. Otherwise it will probably be targeted at the oldest sections of the population.

I'm still hoping Stabilitech have success with their oral vaccine. Trials next month. Potential for wider distribution (send in the mail, no healthworkers required) and innoculation.

1. Over 75's
2. BAME community
3. Vulnerable people
4. Key workers
5. Over 50's
6. Over 15's

In that case, I'm in the first tranche, but I'd actually rather wait a couple of months to make sure the safety testing hasn't missed anything.

After all, whenever a new model of car comes out, there's always a major upgrade the following year after it's been "tested" by the general public.

This assumes you make the following year, and I don't mean that in a nasty way.

I'll ask again, what real, cogent concerns are there?

If you state that there are some then it's your responsibility to back it up.

Not run away with "find out yourself"

Actually it is NOT my responsibility to back it up in the slightest. IF you are concerned it is YOUR health and YOUR responsibility to do the research, IF you want to.

I am happy to point you in the right direction as you ask, the rest is up to YOU

I reiterate I am not trying to persuade anyone either way.

May I ask if you believe in a Potential link between MMR and autism based on That repository google drive you linked to?

Actually it is NOT my responsibility to back it up in the slightest. IF you are concerned it is YOUR health and YOUR responsibility to do the research, IF you want to.

I am happy to point you in the right direction as you ask, the rest is up to YOU

I reiterate I am not trying to persuade anyone either way.

I find that hard to believe.

Your drive isn't research, it's an anti-vaxxer doctrine and it looks like you're now attempting to promote it on this website. Some of those links are very suspect, and some of the doctors discredited. And they're just the ones I clicked on.

I've removed the drive link from my quote and I fully expect it to be removed from yours as well.

Last edited:
Hmm.... we have establishments that not only publish reports after peer review, they make the data behind the reports accessible vs. some document on a free Google drive...

you still mistake me for an anti-vaxxer/-despite my clear explanation to the contrary. Clearly you thrive on discord
Based on that junk list you just posted (the old chestnuts of autism and mercury poisoning), clearly you are an anti-vaxxer and have been misleading us all since you first entered this thread.
About our ads

May I ask if you believe in a Potential link between MMR and autism based on That repository google drive you linked to?
I don't believe anything from any single article or group of, I would always look at info from both sides of discussion, but as it stands I have no opinion on the MMR/Autism debate one way or the other as it doesn't affect me.

that repository was only posted because it was the first set of references I came across to post in reply to the other person who asked me for references, it was just to help them start somewhere.(some people have difficulty searching for themselves-I understand it can be a daunting task)

I find that hard to believe.

Your drive isn't research, it's an anti-vaxxer doctrine and it looks like you're now attempting to promote it on this website. Some of those links are very suspect, and some of the doctors discredited. And they're just the ones I clicked on.

I've removed the drive link from my quote and I fully expect it to be removed from yours as well.
people are free to research what and how they like. To reiterate (ad nauseam) I have no interest one way or the other than to help people realise they can do their own research IF they want to..

Based on that junk list you just posted (the old chestnuts of autism and mercury poisoning), clearly you are an anti-vaxxer and have been misleading us all since you first entered this thread.
About our ads
My position is that an antivaxxer is someone who discourages others from vaccinating on principle.

I have no such agenda as I have already stated that expressly but I suspect you are not actually as confused as you seem but rather are enjoying your own drum banging.

that is your prerogative makes no difference to me

people are free to research what and how they like. To reiterate (ad nauseam) I have no interest one way or the other than to help people realise they can do their own research IF they want to..

I'm afraid you're fooling no-one now.

"The first set of references you came across...to help them start somewhere...."

….just happens to be a completely one sided anti-vaccination document relating to autism. That to me looks like it's been put together over a considerable amount of time and for a single purpose. Which is very obvious.

That is not the research of someone wanting to consider possibilities. They've already decided.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom