Will you get the vaccine if it becomes available?

When a Covid-19 vaccine becomes available, will you take it?

• Yes / I've signed up for a trial

Votes: 107 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 23.0%

• Total voters

Skyfall74

Established Member
Reaction score
As pointed out, the Oxford vaccine (and others?) are hardly getting tested properly in this current climate of falling cases.

Testing (deliberate exposure to virus after vaccine infusion) on humans, prisoners or volunteers would have provided crucial evidence. However due to ethics that will NEVER happen and it compromises the validity of the vaccine(s).

I'm not even sure I'd take the vaccine now.

How long would the immunity last?

What are the long term side effects?

Who knows?

If everyone else in the UK gets the vaccine what chance would there be of me catching Covid-19?

As soon as we are told it is ready then I will be at the front of the queue to have it.

My wife has said she will not be having it. I'll be doing a BA on her if she hasn't changed her mind by the time it's available :D

Yes, if a successful and safe vaccine is found I will probably get it. I work with adults and vulnerable children who sometimes aren't able to have vaccines so I will try to have it to protect them as much as myself.
I can't make a firm decision until the time comes though.

The expert interviewed on Andrew Marr today was suggesting that COVID may die out before they get chance to test the vaccine properly.

I would be very cautious about taking the vaccine. I had a flu vaccine several years ago and it brought on a very mild dose of flu which lasted a couple of days. I think that's how they are meant to work. I don't really want to risk getting a mild dose of COVID if the vaccine works in a similar fashion.

I would be very cautious about taking the vaccine. I had a flu vaccine several years ago and it brought on a very mild dose of flu which lasted a couple of days. I think that's how they are meant to work. I don't really want to risk getting a mild dose of COVID if the vaccine works in a similar fashion.

1) there is no reason to believe that is the case
2) a mild case of COVID is trivial.

Why is it funny?

There was always a possibility it would burn itself out.

Burning itself out was always a possibility though, with it being a new coronavirus we just don't know what its going to do. Equally at this stage with restrictions being lessened there's a possibility of a second wave too.

Show me any sources from a least month back that said this.

Alternative source as the telegraph is behind a login.

Back on 1st April:

3rd March:

Any COVID vaccination or any vaccination at all?

Even if fully tested?
To be honest, I'm really not sure about that.

However, I have my reasons which wouldn't be appropriate for sharing on this forum 🙂

The virus peaked at or before lockdown, so no I won't bother with this vaccine as ithe virus has nearly gone. I'm totally in favour of vaccines, ive started to pay for the yearly flu vaccine. But I don't think any vacine for c19 can be developed so quickly. Next year IF this is still a thing, which I very much doubt, I would be up for it.

The virus peaked at or before lockdown, so no I won't bother with this vaccine as ithe virus has nearly gone. I'm totally in favour of vaccines, ive started to pay for the yearly flu vaccine. But I don't think any vacine for c19 can be developed so quickly. Next year IF this is still a thing, which I very much doubt, I would be up for it.
And if it joins the flu in circulating as a seasonal winter infection this year?

Well the poll looks pretty conclusive (thus far), I'm hoping everyone would take a vaccine if it's available.

Wouldn't be any harm, would there? So why not.

Alternative source as the telegraph is behind a login.

Back on 1st April:

3rd March:

Good effort there Mandy.

However, If you check my posting, I did request sources from AT LEAST a month back, that kinda mutes your first two sources which are only a few days back. I'd expect loads more to jump on the "virus is burning itself out" bandwagon, now that it looks like it could be happening.

Your source three is credible, as it was written nearly two months back and appears to have predicted quite well today's situation of the imminent possibility of the virus burning itself out - well done to them and to you, Mandy, for finding it.

With your source four, they are talking about a recess of the virus in the summer, which happens with the cold (another type of coronavirus) so this isn't really news. Be clear, there is a difference between the virus burning itself out completely and a summer recess.

I guess that makes it's easy for me to stand by my original point that a month back, practically no one thought it was ever a possibility that it was going to burn itself out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom