Will you get the vaccine if it becomes available?

When a Covid-19 vaccine becomes available, will you take it?

• Yes / I've signed up for a trial

Votes: 107 77.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 23.0%

• Total voters
If it was ebola then yes (50% IFR)

SARS-cov-2, probably not (0.5% IFR)

I'm not over 65 and have no underlying health conditions

No doubt, some might say I'm selfish..

Lots of possibilities... that is possibly not one of them.
Hopefully.. But there might be 'consequences' if you choose not to take it. There is possibility of easy readable mark for people who are vaccinated, and whoever do not have it, might not be able to travel, going to the mass gatherings etc.
Or, it can be regulated by the government, and you will be obligated to take it anyway. Bear in mind, they already locked people in the houses for 2 months.

Bear in mind, they already locked people in the houses for 2 months.
Please show me one proven instance of people being physically locked in their house*.

*Outside of China

Please show me one proven instance of people being physically locked in their house*.

*Outside of China
You are missing the point or being picky. I didn't say people are physically locked... And you exactly know what i meant anyway.
So the same like there is a nationwide lockdown for the people safety, it could also be a compulsory vaccination.
I am just saying, in my opinion, there is a real possibility of that happening.

I'm not missing your point or being picky. Your 2 month lock down never existed, perhaps it's you missing the point or being picky?

I'm not missing your point or being picky. Your 2 month lock down never existed, perhaps it's you missing the point or being picky?
Maybe i am, not sure what do you mean? Can you explain more?
I was forced to close my businesses at the end of March and still can not open up. I was left depending on government help to keep going, and forced to stay in the house unless absolutely essential or face the fine.

Your 2 month lock down never existed, perhaps it's you missing the point or being picky?

How do you mean?

Apart from making essential trips like for food or medicine etc, I am not following how a lockdown did not happen?

And even then many people got things delivered, I personally know people who haven't left the house during lockdown for various reasons.

Yes from me, my mrs is shielded so seems pointless her getting it and not the rest of the family :)

I am not sure if this is the right place to post.
But absolutely if a vaccine is found I would take it and It would be like every Birthday , Christmas and New year all at the same time! I would have thought that everyone would have it?
For all of the talk of pubs and non essential shops opening soon I will not be going anywhere near them and just staying in my garden with a beer or in my room with a beer apart from having to go to work for as long as I have a job. Both my parents are in there 70's and if anything happened to them I would be lost.

Of course. Why not?

Attachments

• 98214506_691159584791199_1173967535846981632_o.jpg
    98214506_691159584791199_1173967535846981632_o.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 92956075_3224762667748254_8170233115139112960_n.jpg
    92956075_3224762667748254_8170233115139112960_n.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 52
If a vaccine proves to be safe, I'd take it. Wouldn't want to be the first in line. Might wait six months, but then I doubt it would be available for ordinary folks like me sooner than that anyway.

For those expecting the virus to burn out, the only way that could happen is if our response is super effective, driving Rt well below 1 and holding it there for a long time. Otherwise, the virus will restart and overtake us again. If we can drive it down and hold it down through some combination of readily available testing and contract tracing that would be great. Might not even have enough cases to test a vaccine. But here in the U.S., we're not anywhere close to that and the Trump administration isn't even trying.

- I'm sorry I'm sure I may get really get flamed for my opinion , but I want to say - In my opinion the government has a very bad track record with vaccines and other health related issues and I would not take it. There is also plenty of information to suggest that they have been stacking the deck when it comes to actual Covid-19 deaths, there have been doctors and health care workers that have reported that they have been encouraged to change many death certificates to Covid-19, even if it was another cause of death . My next door neighbor who has been an x-ray/ MRI tech for 25+ years has even come home and told me about some examples that she was told about at the hospital where she works . I am not saying it isn't a Very dangerous Flu, but many, many, many, died from both the Avion Flu, and the Swine Flu's. - Flu can kill you, but it is definitely more dangerous to immune compromised individuals or the elderly and the very young.
- It is very sad but things have changed in the world ,the problem today is that the news is no longer accurately reported , much of the time opinion is given in place of actual facts. - Or the facts that have been reported have not been really been verified, and many times we don't find out until way down the road whether a story is true or not, we don't know anymore half of what the truth is , and neither side of the political party's can be trusted anymore . A person has to go outside of the sources that they could always rely on in the past, just to find the truth or the facts - the world has changed and the country I have loved all my life just isn't the same any more.

Just so you are clear, this is a UK based site, which isn't to say you aren't very welcome here, of course you are, but bear this in mind : In other words, you are unlikely to get flamed :thumbsup: BTW Covid-19 is not a flu.

Last edited:
- I'm sorry I'm sure I may get really get flamed for my opinion , but I want to say - In my opinion the government has a very bad track record with vaccines and other health related issues and I would not take it. There is also plenty of information to suggest that they have been stacking the deck when it comes to actual Covid-19 deaths, there have been doctors and health care workers that have reported that they have been encouraged to change many death certificates to Covid-19, even if it was another cause of death . My next door neighbor who has been an x-ray/ MRI tech for 25+ years has even come home and told me about some examples that she was told about at the hospital where she works . I am not saying it isn't a Very dangerous Flu, but many, many, many, died from both the Avion Flu, and the Swine Flu's. - Flu can kill you, but it is definitely more dangerous to immune compromised individuals or the elderly and the very young.
- It is very sad but things have changed in the world ,the problem today is that the news is no longer accurately reported , much of the time opinion is given in place of actual facts. - Or the facts that have been reported have not been really been verified, and many times we don't find out until way down the road whether a story is true or not, we don't know anymore half of what the truth is , and neither side of the political party's can be trusted anymore . A person has to go outside of the sources that they could always rely on in the past, just to find the truth or the facts - the world has changed and the country I have loved all my life just isn't the same any more.
Totally agree

I would be very cautious about taking the vaccine. I had a flu vaccine several years ago and it brought on a very mild dose of flu which lasted a couple of days. I think that's how they are meant to work. I don't really want to risk getting a mild dose of COVID if the vaccine works in a similar fashion.

The vaccine injects inert antibodies so you can't get the actual flu from the jab BUT you can have a mild feverish reaction to the jab itself. I've had the jab for the last 2 years (I'm over 65) and all it's done is made my upper arm ache mildly for about 36 hours.

- There is also plenty of information to suggest that they have been stacking the deck when it comes to actual Covid-19 deaths, there have been doctors and health care workers that have reported that they have been encouraged to change many death certificates to Covid-19, even if it was another cause of death.

I think we're seeing exactly the opposite. Numbers out of southern U.S. states like Georgia and Florida show a huge spike above the norm in pneumonia deaths, which is pretty good evidence that Covid-19 deaths are being reclassified as a way of gaming the numbers. Meanwhile ICUs are filling up again. The reopening is happening way too fast in the U.S. Trump wants to win the election and doesn't care how many people get killed.

The U.S. response to this has been atrocious. 100,000 deaths and counting and the real numbers are higher. Far worse than any other developed nation. And the president is doing nothing to address it. He's turned all the heavy lifting over to the states without providing the kind of resources that only the federal government can offer.

This is 180 degrees from how the Obama administration expertly led international efforts to address earlier pandemics. They were so successful, they kept them from ever getting to the U.S. by sending people to places like Africa. They worked with the WHO rather than abdicating any role. American leadership is gone. The rest of the world is moving on without us and doing a far better job. In Europe, Germany has had the best response. New Zealand has done really well as have Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and China.

I think we're seeing exactly the opposite. Numbers out of southern U.S. states like Georgia and Florida show a huge spike above the norm in pneumonia deaths, which is pretty good evidence that Covid-19 deaths are being reclassified as a way of gaming the numbers. Meanwhile ICUs are filling up again. T

--- hmmmm

Could not be more wrong about a Few of those things . . . . . he said not angrily ...... :)

Aren't you glad we get our own opinion about the things in life! ................... now if everyone would just admit THEY are wrong we could get things going the right direction ---- :D

. . . . . . . . . finding common ground . . . . . . . well at least we can at least take some comfort in that you and I cancel out each others view point -- LOL

-- but - we both do Love music and audio equipment !

Best Regards,
Dean

A lucky guess? :)

More seriously, if you remain undecided you are unlikely to take the vaccine until you make a decision, so by default fall into the not get the vaccine group (yet).

One of the major challenges in developing this vaccine ( apart from the usual major challenges) might be the modus operandi of the Virus (which for some inexplicable reason I feel the need to pronounce á la French Poirot-style 'Veeerooose') itself.

One of the things baffling Doctors has been how people don't respond to the usual pneumonia protocols and further investigation found that the virus is binding to the heam sites (in the RBCs) thus preventing the body from circulating oxygen efficiently. This produces Symptoms that look like O2 shortage due to lung involvement but in fact has been (until recently) a covert cause . This is why they looked at Ebola like strategies and also to malaria medication because that binds to the same sites.

Worries of catching it aside it's all rather interesting

Last edited:
--- hmmmm

Could not be more wrong about a Few of those things . . . . . he said not angrily ...... :)

Aren't you glad we get our own opinion about the things in life! ................... now if everyone would just admit THEY are wrong we could get things going the right direction ---- :D

. . . . . . . . . finding common ground . . . . . . . well at least we can at least take some comfort in that you and I cancel out each others view point -- LOL

-- but - we both do Love music and audio equipment !

Best Regards,
Dean

I appreciate your ability to differ without letting it become personal. A rare skill these days, particularly online.

The virus peaked at or before lockdown, so no I won't bother with this vaccine as ithe virus has nearly gone..
We are all free to make our own terrible decisions but I suggest first, getting the facts correct.
According to my diary, BoJo announced the UK lockdown on 23-Mar-2020.
According to Johns Hopkins data, UK New Infections peaked 10-Apr-2020.

"Virus nearly gone?" UK New Infections are running around 2,000 per day!
No one seems to have noticed the unmistakable second wave so blatantly apparent in Iran.
Of course, hardly anyone bothers looking beyond their own self centered little world, certainly not the average Covidiot who doesn't give a flying one about Iran - or much else.
The lack of logic and plain common sense now so endemic in the DUK (is there an undetected brain-eating virus pre-dating Covid19?) is extremely likely to produce the same horrific result. Even more likely in the DUSA. Now exacerbated by mass race riots. I fear for the entire human race.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom