Will you get the vaccine if it becomes available?

When a Covid-19 vaccine becomes available, will you take it?

• Yes

Votes: 118 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 20.8%
  • I've signed up for a trial

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters

Skull n Bones

Humour me @krish why is waiting for long term health effects, standard procedure, funny? Are you an expert ?

krish

Distinguished Member
Humour me @krish why is waiting for long term health effects, standard procedure, funny? Are you an expert ?
All part of our dance, returning one of the badges of honour you bestowed upon me in the GC conspiracy thread. Did find it funny since you'll probably seek info as to the long term health effects from similar sources to the one you used to inform us of the dangers of smart meters, while I, as a life scientist working in the sector, while making no claim to be an expert Sars-Cov-2 virologist, will be looking at the real research and the facts.

Skull n Bones

All part of our dance, returning one of the badges of honour you bestowed upon me in the GC conspiracy thread. Did find it funny since you'll probably seek info as to the long term health effects from similar sources to the one you used to inform us of the dangers of smart meters, while I, as a life scientist working in the sector, while making no claim to be an expert Sars-Cov-2 virologist, will be looking at the real research and the facts.
Ah, the GC echo chamber thread, that indeed was funny but I'll leave it there, don't wish to derail this actual serious situation.

richp007

Distinguished Member
No, but I'll wait for the long term health effects if you don't mind
But you haven't explained then why you think it's funny? This is very serious stuff.

The only people who might think taking a vaccine is funny are anti-vaxxers. Unless anyone else can enlighten me to another group.

Without adequate explanation you being an anti-vaxxer is the only conclusion I can come to.

Skull n Bones

But you haven't explained then why you think it's funny? This is very serious stuff.

The only people who might think taking a vaccine is funny are anti-vaxxers. Unless anyone else can enlighten me to another group.

Without adequate explanation you being an anti-vaxxer is the only conclusion I can come to.
I'd advise read your post again and don't jump to conclusions to suit your own narrative

richp007

Distinguished Member
I'd advise read your post again and don't jump to conclusions to suit your own narrative
I've read it, I've quoted it, and I still want to know why you think people taking a vaccine when available is funny.

Don't start trying to twist things. You're the one who decided randomly this morning to funny a post from 2 months ago about taking a vaccine. No-one else did. Only you think it's funny.

Skull n Bones

I've read it, I've quoted it, and I still want to know why you think people taking a vaccine when available is funny.

Don't start trying to twist things. You're the one who decided randomly this morning to funny a post from 2 months ago about taking a vaccine. No-one else did. Only you think it's funny.
Maybe cause this morning is the first time I've checked out these threads as the mask wearing one was moved here. Seems humour is very subjective and lacking as usual around here.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Maybe cause this morning is the first time I've checked out these threads as the mask wearing one was moved here. Seems humour is very subjective and lacking as usual around here.
Absolutely pathetic explanation. You don't have one, plain and simple.

Plus I don't think many people come to a vaccination thread looking for humour. Certainly not normal people anyway. And my post certainly wasn't meant to be. Which is oddly enough why I expect no-one else found it funny.

Carry on, everyone can make up their own minds.

Skull n Bones

Absolutely pathetic explanation. You don't have one, plain and simple.

Plus I don't think many people come to a vaccination thread looking for humour. Certainly not normal people anyway. And my post certainly wasn't meant to be. Which is oddly enough why I expect no-one else found it funny.

Carry on, everyone can make up their own minds.
Would love to reply but don't fancy being banned as per the norm. Not everyone shares your views thankfully.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Would love to reply but don't fancy being banned as per the norm. Not everyone shares your views thankfully.
Thankfully not everyone shares my views on having a vaccine when it's available?

As that's the specific post you picked out from 2 months ago.

I think you've exposed yourself here probably more than you intended. Not my fault.

And if you have a problem with the mods I suggest you take it up with them.

Skull n Bones

Thankfully not everyone shares my views on having a vaccine when it's available ?
As that's the specific post you picked out from 2 months ago.

I think you've exposed yourself here probably more than you intended. Not my fault.

And if you have a problem with the mods I suggest you take it up with them.
Again, jumping to conclusions to suit your own narrative. People see what they want to see, can't help you there unfortunately.

Last edited:

richp007

Distinguished Member
Again, jumping to conclusions to suit your own narrative. People see what they want to see, can't help you there unfortunately.
I'm happy in this case they can just see what's in front of their eyes. You finding things funny that aren't funny in the slightest.

My only narrative is that people get the vaccine when it's available.

You keep digging though if you're so inclined.

tickedon

Assuming we get a vaccine soon, it will be one of the quickest vaccines ever developed, tested and made available for use, for a virus that we still don't fully understand.

I think it is therefore understandable that some people might be quite nervous and unsure about it, and won't want to be at the front of the queue for it either. It requires you to have faith in both the government (in terms of testing and approvals) and scientists developing it, and some people are a bit more suspicious of one or both of those groups than perhaps most of society is.

I will educate myself on it and eventually get it (particularly as I'm in a higher risk group) - but I won't be rushing to do so as soon as it's available.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I have volunteered for trials and if asked I will look at what is involved then make a final decision.
I won't rush into it.
Also, I qualify for a flu jab and will be having it.

iangreasby

I certainly won't be rushing to the front of the queue. If there is a particular time in history to be suspicious about world leaders and governments, then it is more likely to be right now. The entire narrative of the current crisis has turned very political in my opinion. I really don't trust what we are being told anymore. Just look at the decision today regarding travelling from Spain. You can argue whether the decision is right or wrong, but there is no doubt that COVID can now be used as a political football. Scotland is another example, Nicola Sturgeon is certainly using COVID to push her independence strategy.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
In some countries e.g. the US, Russia etc.
Trump has found an excuse to send Federal officers in unmarked vehicles who pull people off the street, hold them for a few days then release them with no identification.
This goes on despite the state governor telling Trump not to and now there are court cases over this.

Last edited:

Skull n Bones

If the only choice is between a rushed vaccine with no independent scientific study on long term effects or taking your chances on good diet, social distancing and looking after your own immune system, then I know what me and my family will be doing. Funny how some can't see the reason behind this and hopes everyone will run out for this miracle cure, if we are even given this choice for ourselves. Doesn't make one an anti-vaxxer but as some have put, a political pawn.

krish

Distinguished Member
independent scientific study on long term effects
Wouldn't that itself have to be a long term study?

What's your definition of independent?

Nothing would convince this guy I recently conversed with, who just dismissed any science and my experience as being a paid up conspirator with "Mr Billy boy vaccine" ...
All very interesting exposing some minor Labour activists, but they are small fry. What about the big fish "experts" who are at this moment deciding Lockdown policy to perhaps keep us in lockdown until we all have a Bill Gates vaccine? Where do these "independent" experts get their money from in the last 20 years, have they a political agenda from somewhere (cough - B Gates) to keep us in Lockdown until Big Pharma have a very dubious possibly chipped vaccine for us all. Where's the digging into Sir Patrick Vallance's financial interests and ties with GSK who may stand to make a fortune on the back of vaccines and testers, or What about Chris Whitty and Neil Ferguson and their financial connections to Bill Gates or members of SAGE and/or UK Vaccine Network members and their financial links to Bill Gates. Don't you see? Going after the small fry, you've missed whale sized fish swimming in an ocean of dollar bills.
There are none so blind as those who won't see. Call yourself journalists? lol. I'll give a hint. Who funds directly or indirectly the UK Vaccine Network members? We're all assured that they're all "independent", but are they? Don't journalists do research these days or just repeat what's already been given to you? If they are financially compromised in some way, wouldn't you want to know? or just throw tinhat conspiracy crap. Did the Telegraph throw the MPs expenses leaks in the bin? This could be the biggest story in world history, Pulitzer Prize winning material but then again it could be nothing. Is that how you treat anyone that doesn't follow the narrative take take government statements as facts without verifying its truth. If you don't verify, you are no different to the rest of the controlled lamestream medja. Google bill gates glaxosmithkline + member https://www.gov.uk/government/groups/uk-vaccines-network Remember all these "experts" are going to tasked to pass the "vaccine" pushed by Bill Gates himself, no less.
Did I say he was a Bond Villian? It's possible though isn't it. Have you done any research on Bill Gates or BMGF to find out if he's not though? He said himself he wants all 7 billion to have his vaccine and a means to identify who has and hasn't had his vaccine, before we can get back to "normal". The implication is some form of vaccine passport, which he has paid MIT to develop Quantum Tattoos. He funds CEPI and GAVI. DFID are hosting an event in June in London for GAVI? Isn't this strange that DFID are in with GAVI? https://www.gavi.org/investing-gavi/resource-mobilisation-process/gavis-3rd-donor-pledging-conference-june-2020 Maybe as "journalists" you could get a Press pass to ask a few questions for the world leaders who are due to attend, if not defered due to the Lockdown. Put this into perspective, if I appeared on national TV and made a threat to stick needles in 7 billion people, many against their will, wouldn't that be classed as a threat to commit assault and battery? Many have been committed to the loony bin for less and he has the money to make an army of "experts" and lawmakers to put in the laws for his depopulation agenda. What if you refuse his vaccine? What if he has enough clout to force it through that it's mandatory?
Any vaccine yet for SARS cov-1 from 2014? Do I take it then you have received a few silver coins from Mr Billyvaccine? If you haven't, you've missed out, all your mates have bulging pockets.

Skull n Bones

Wouldn't that itself have to be a long term study?

What's your definition of independent?

Nothing would convince this guy I recently conversed with, who just dismissed any science and my experience as being a paid up conspirator with "Mr Billy boy vaccine" ...
Considering a standard vaccine usually takes from 6, 10 or 15 years to get approved, I would consider 4 or 5 years as a minimum, even during these times.

Independent would be having no direct funding from so called big pharma, with openness and direct accountability to all, tall order but there must be some companies.

Not much to ask when we are talking about the lives of billions, over a few hundred thousand, however harsh that may seem, not my intention.

It's why I can, and am allowed, to find it funny people 'hope' everyone will rush out and willingly accept a vaccine when one may not even be needed by that time.

Feel free to take the vaccine if one becomes available, but don't make it mandatory, or socially unacceptable not to.

Skull n Bones

Had no idea, or why you assumed I knew, but simple Google search :

Just a matter of months because it was no different than any other influenza vaccine. It was produced tested and distributed in precisely the same way that all influenza vaccines are produced tested and distributed. All they had to do was simply change the strain.

Also top off Google search :

Don't see any relevance between H1N1 and this tbh, as we are constantly being told it is not a flu, without being too technical as I'm not an expert, or claim to be one. Hope that helps.

acatweasel

OK let me get my crystal ball out and work out what's likely to happen here. A researched vaccine may become available at sometime in the near future after what will be the biggest medical research drive in our lifetime.

After that, an "Independent" company, not funded by "Big pharma" will find a correlation between an adverse effect and the vaccine. You know the kind of thing:
  • First stages of Autism are detected just after the second MMR vaccination and people publicise that as a possible link.
  • Given that this vaccine is likely to be distributed to older people, deaths will occur just after vaccination. Those "Independent" companies find that most older people die in bed, and therefore get headlines that beds are dangerous after vaccination. The correlation is statistically valid.
  • There won't be a scientific explanation for the link, just a correlation.
It makes me laugh when people use the the phrase "Big Pharma". The list of companies in that group are amongst the most regulated and principled in the world (I've never worked within the industry but know some who do), and right now those principled people are battling like Billy-O to save lives. If you want to stack your moral high ground up against theirs, good luck. If you think you are wiser than those people, think again.

I believe that mistakes can be made, and have posted before the CDC's list of vaccine concerns over the last 65 years. There are 9 on the list, of which 3 may be linked to harmful events. IMHO, the only one of the 3 worth worrying about was the Cutter incident 65 years ago.

This excerpt is from the CDC list, to counter your article from "Buzzfeed":

In 2014, CDC published a study on the association between 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccines, 2010/2011 seasonal influenza vaccines, and narcolepsy. The study found that vaccination was not associated with an increased risk for narcolepsy.

Do you believe Buzzfeed over the public body protecting the USA's health? Can you see how the correlation thing works? By the way H1N1 IS swine flu.

Note that the CDC don't even bother listing Autism/MMR having written that off as without foundation years ago. Funny how measles is making a comeback though isn't it?

If you really want an independent view, I would only take NHS/University groups, and stop reading the media. Most of the other groups I see commenting on treatments are either sponsored by, or receiving credit from, the media who are sensationalising the horse manure being printed. The number of scientists for hire popping out of the woodwork is unbelievable.

Me? I'll be taking the flu shot and the Coronavirus vaccination a week after they let me have it. If I see people dying in the queue after the shots, I'll be on here to let you know.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
All they had to do was simply change the strain.
It is far from simple, every virus is different and the process can vary.
H1N1 is a corona virus but that is a wide category describing the main physical structure of the virus.
As to the NHS staff who suffered, chronic fatigue and traumatic stress can do that.

Last edited:

Skull n Bones

OK let me get my crystal ball out and work out what's likely to happen here. A researched vaccine may become available at sometime in the near future after what will be the biggest medical research drive in our lifetime.

After that, an "Independent" company, not funded by "Big pharma" will find a correlation between an adverse effect and the vaccine. You know the kind of thing:
  • First stages of Autism are detected just after the second MMR vaccination and people publicise that as a possible link.
  • Given that this vaccine is likely to be distributed to older people, deaths will occur just after vaccination. Those "Independent" companies find that most older people die in bed, and therefore get headlines that beds are dangerous after vaccination. The correlation is statistically valid.
  • There won't be a scientific explanation for the link, just a correlation.
It makes me laugh when people use the the phrase "Big Pharma". The list of companies in that group are amongst the most regulated and principled in the world (I've never worked within the industry but know some who do), and right now those principled people are battling like Billy-O to save lives. If you want to stack your moral high ground up against theirs, good luck. If you think you are wiser than those people, think again.

I believe that mistakes can be made, and have posted before the CDC's list of vaccine concerns over the last 65 years. There are 9 on the list, of which 3 may be linked to harmful events. IMHO, the only one of the 3 worth worrying about was the Cutter incident 65 years ago.

This excerpt is from the CDC list, to counter your article from "Buzzfeed":

In 2014, CDC published a study on the association between 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccines, 2010/2011 seasonal influenza vaccines, and narcolepsy. The study found that vaccination was not associated with an increased risk for narcolepsy.

Do you believe Buzzfeed over the public body protecting the USA's health? Can you see how the correlation thing works? By the way H1N1 IS swine flu.

Note that the CDC don't even bother listing Autism/MMR having written that off as without foundation years ago. Funny how measles is making a comeback though isn't it?

If you really want an independent view, I would only take NHS/University groups, and stop reading the media. Most of the other groups I see commenting on treatments are either sponsored by, or receiving credit from, the media who are sensationalising the horse manure being printed. The number of scientists for hire popping out of the woodwork is unbelievable.

Me? I'll be taking the flu shot and the Coronavirus vaccination a week after they let me have it. If I see people dying in the queue after the shots, I'll be on here to let you know.
It is far from simple, every virus is different and the process can vary.
H1N1 is a corona virus but that is a wide category describing the main physical structure of the virus.
As to the NHS staff who suffered, chronic fatigue and traumatic stress can do that.
My quote came from Quora, one of top answers to your question : How long did it take to make the swine flu vaccine?

Maybe refer back to Mudikey Kumar, she seems to know what she is talking about after all, if it upsets you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more

Latest News

THX Spatial Audio app brings 360 degree sound to any headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Xbox Series X November launch confirmed
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Xiaomi OLED is world’s first mass produced transparent TV
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Tron 3 lands star and director for Disney
  • By Andy Bassett