• Ill have both PS3 & 360

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • 360's all i need

Votes: 74 25.7%
  • Ill decide when price come down

Votes: 104 36.1%

• Total voters
Well I selected I will have them all.

but the only reason I am getting a ps3 is metal gear solid! and new Grand Theft Auto

Although I heard MGS is coming out on the 360!

Don't know about MGS coming out on the 360. The next GTA is though, and released on the same day as the PS3 one.:D

Well I will CERTAINLY be getting a PS3 - love my 360 but am definately playing it with crossed fingers ( warrenty runs out any time now)
I love the functionality of my PSP and use it EVERY day and the PS3 with its added features as well as gaming really fits in to my lifestyle (with its connectivity with psp).
I think the games on BOTH systems 360 + PS3 will rock in the next year.
Hoping to upgrade my plasma to an HD tv soonish too so the Blu-Ray player is a big bonus for me.
Best of both worlds I'm hoping for -- bring it on.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

f1 is open license again in 2008 so i can wait - (assuming this f1 game is ***** - PLEASE BE *****!! - if not then ill have to get a ps3)

If the F1 license gets opened up, then the PS3 has/will not have any future killer app for me. This is the one title/license that has no cross platform equivalent or equal IMO, and the reason I would eventunally buy a PS3. If this changes to cross-platform, I'll be plugging in the wheel on my 360.

All else aside though, it maybe by Xmas 2008 that a low price will justify me getting a PS3 for the 'why not' factor, but by then I think rumblings of the next iteration from MS may draw away my attention.

Time will tell, and if I know anything, with the infectious frenzy that gets generated on these forums over any release date, come closer to March anything could happen....

Wii60 more likely though!

I was never overly impressed with the ps2 only fun I ever really had was with Pro evos and metal gear solid titles nothing grabbed me the way the first xbox did and even more so since I got my 360!

I have always been huge fan on Nintendo nothing better than having mates round for some super smash brothers or goldeneye. So there is a chance I will get a Wii down the line, as far as Sony goes all they have left to offer me is MGS which if I am right is coming to Xbox anyway so sorry but no sony for me. From what I have watched even the psp style menu system makes me go arghhh doesn't look good compared to dashboard in my opinion.

If the F1 license gets opened up, then the PS3 has/will not have any future killer app for me. This is the one title/license that has no cross platform equivalent or equal IMO, and the reason I would eventunally buy a PS3. If this changes to cross-platform, I'll be plugging in the wheel on my 360.

All else aside though, it maybe by Xmas 2008 that a low price will justify me getting a PS3 for the 'why not' factor, but by then I think rumblings of the next iteration from MS may draw away my attention.

Time will tell, and if I know anything, with the infectious frenzy that gets generated on these forums over any release date, come closer to March anything could happen....

Wii60 more likely though!

sony only have the license until 2008 so more than likely we will start seeing f1 games on all platforms in that year (this is why there are no f1 games on the pc since grand prix 4 and f1 challenge 1999-2002)

i miss gp4! great game!

Anyway i voted wii60. aint got ma wii yet but got a few accesories and will get it after xmas.

Likewise, would like to get a Wii sometime next year. Currently have no interest what so ever in the PS3 but I never say never. If I ever did buy a PS3 it'd probably be in a couple years time when the price has dropped dramatically, and only if there are loads of PS3 exclusive titles that I REALLY want, otherwise no point for me.

Voted for the last option, almost opted for Wii60 as I do have an interest in a Wii, but as I don't have one the bottom option seemed the closest for me.

^Amen to that. Yes it would be nice to have a PS3 but what for? there are no games on it that interest me, there were a couple of 'exclusive' titles that might of tempted me but they are now coming out on 360 anyway, the whole online implementation seems a joke, again, so for £400+ i'm buying a Blu-Ray player, hmm think i'll just get a dedicated blu-ray player when the get to sensible prices(which they will have to if they are to stand anychance of selling). And then there is the Wii, a nice bit of kit, i'd like one, but not right now. I want to play Zelda, i certainly want to play Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart but until that time arrives i'll stick to my faithful 360, it has the games i want, the online service i need and it plays HD movies

So who was the 1 person who voted "by by 360 hello ps3" then?

The PS3 offers nothing to me i dont already have with my 360. After the **** that was the PS2's DVD drive i have ZERO faith in the build quality of the PS3 (built to a low budget)and the quality of the BR drive. From what i've read the PS3 online service is rubbish and not in the same league as XBL.

so i have no intention of getting PS3. The games it offers will be multi format and its exclusives dont really interest me. and lets not forget the mess they have made of HD presentation via the PS3.

All it has in its favour is the brand name. But Playstation is also the chav console of choice. so it has a slight image problem. :D

I have the Wii and Xbox 360 but will also buy the PS3 - maybe not immediately at launch though - it depends upon the strength of the UK launch titles.

Ultimately the PS3 will have exclusive games and in the long term PS3 games may look better than 360 games - both of these factors will justify purchase IMHO.

If they release a proper controller for the Wii i'll buy one in a second. Doubt i'll buy a ps3, really hate Sony products and the only games that they have that the 360 don't that i actually care about are the Gran Turismo's

LOL PS3 has an image problem. Its also got 4 asbo's!

If they release a proper controller for the Wii i'll buy one in a second. Doubt i'll buy a ps3, really hate Sony products and the only games that they have that the 360 don't that i actually care about are the Gran Turismo's

Eh? I thought you could use the Gamecube controllers or the new "classic" controllers, they seem pretty "normal" to me.

Eh? I thought you could use the Gamecube controllers or the new "classic" controllers, they seem pretty "normal" to me.

you mean you don't have to use the stupid motion sensitve one because swinging your hand to strike the sword in Zelda is pathetic. Maybe if i was 5 and still enjoyed having pretend lightsabre battles i'd love it but i'm not 5 and I don't enjoy playing lightsabre. (though i would like a real one....wum,wum,wum)

All of them!!!

Now Xbox 360 for Gears of War, Halo 3, Resident Evil 5 and GTA 4
Q2 2007 Wii for Zelda, Mario and Metroid.
Q4 2008 PS3 when its cheaper:mad: ........for MGS4 and FF13.

All of them!!!

Now Xbox 360 for Gears of War, Halo 3, Resident Evil 5 and GTA 4
Q2 2007 Wii for Zelda, Mario and Metroid.
Q4 2008 PS3 when its cheaper:mad: ........for MGS4 and FF13.

PS3 probably wont be out (in UK) until Q4!!

you mean you don't have to use the stupid motion sensitve one because swinging your hand to strike the sword in Zelda is pathetic. Maybe if i was 5 and still enjoyed having pretend lightsabre battles i'd love it but i'm not 5 and I don't enjoy playing lightsabre. (though i would like a real one....wum,wum,wum)

Question. Would a fully featured light sabre Wii game not interest you?

There is absolutelty NO way i will ever buy a PS3.

It's over hyped, over priced and has nonne of the games i want. I have a 360 and it's the best console i have ever owned. Cannot fault it (well maybe a bit of noise)

I for one will not give in and be brainwashed by the :censored: that the PR team go on about.

Blue-Ray isn't going to last. Look at SONY's track record. Give it a year or two and that will die off. The discs use a 10 year old compression method and the discs are no better than HD-DVD.

SONY are starting to drop the ball of their market, something that Nintendo and especially Microsoft will capitalise on.

Microsoft have so much money that the XBO Brand can't fail. I hope they get those exclusive titles and with Nintendo completely destroy SONY

Their arragance will soon cost them BIG time :devil:

In terms of a Wii, i was tempted but i think the Controller idea will die off and be a gimmick

I voted for all three. I have my 360 and a Wii and if Sony had left liksang alone I'd have a PS3 by now as well. Even though I was :censored: with Sony at the time and felt I just wouldn't get one because of their behaviour the more I see of the PS3 the more the gadget lover in me really wants one.

Maybe.........maybe not.......at the moment I'm not sure. I am Sony fan, got a PSOne when they first came out as well as a PS2. But I got fed up of waiting for a PS3 and after seeing an impressive line up of games coming out I went and bought an XBOX 360. I have throughly been impressed with it, great console, I've also bought the HD DVD add on, at £130 it's a bargain. My girlfriend also recently bought me a Wii, so I'm pretty kitted up at the minute. The PS3 will have to be something special to make me want one, so far I've seen nothing to get me excited about the machine.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming on X-box 360?!?!Are you sure?On the same day?!If so,then I have no reason whatsoever to buy the PS3,given that the I heard that the new GTA would be coming on X-box as well.How about Final Fantasy,is that coming to the Xbox as well?
The main reason I wanted to buy the Ps3 was because it presented a cheap(er)Blu Ray player and MGS4.Now,I still have to buy a Blu Ray player to watch all the other movies I can't see on HD-DVD like the ones from Disney,Fox,MGM,Columbia Tristar,Miramax(not the new Winston company),Touchstone,etc...

I've already got both Xbox 360 and PS3. While the Xbox 360 is a fab machine, the PS3 is better, simply because (for me) the quality of its picture is significantly superior through my 1080p TV. Everything is just so pin sharp, whereas the Xbox 360 looks to be upconverted from 720p to display on a 1080 screen. It really shows with photos, 1080p games and Bluray. Hence, I think the PS3 will be more future-proof.

A Wii I will definately be getting once I actually manage to find one in the shops.

As to the PS3 then I will be waiting for a serious price drop, the gadget itself appeals but that price point is ridiculous. Blu-ray has very limited appeal, the dwindling list of exclusives I am not interested in for the most part (only Final Fantasy remains a stumbling block), and quite frankly just been burned once too often with Sony consoles/handhelds now to blindly throw myself on one. At the moment I am very happy with the 360, its features, and its gaming capabilities so the PS3 would be like buying an extra buttock and probably about as much use. There is, I admit, some appeal to having the new 'toy' but it's being kept trussed up in a box that is marked 'do not open until £200' because no way am I prepared to pay so much for so little (given what I already have).

Metal Gear Solid 4 is coming on X-box 360?!?!Are you sure?On the same day?!If so,then I have no reason whatsoever to buy the PS3,given that the I heard that the new GTA would be coming on X-box as well.How about Final Fantasy,is that coming to the Xbox as well?
The main reason I wanted to buy the Ps3 was because it presented a cheap(er)Blu Ray player and MGS4.Now,I still have to buy a Blu Ray player to watch all the other movies I can't see on HD-DVD like the ones from Disney,Fox,MGM,Columbia Tristar,Miramax(not the new Winston company),Touchstone,etc...

There is only rumor about MGS4 on the 360. GTA is confirmed as for release on both PS3 and 360 on the same day.

It is a likely rumor though as selling the game in the PS3 alone will make then loose money. Having it on 360 as well means that they will turn a healthy profit on the game

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your take on it) I am a one console man. Always have, always will. Due to time and finance, I only have one box sat underneath my TV. In this case, it is a Xbox 360. At the moment, I think it's a great console and I'm really enjoying it. But I do hardly get chance to game, so there is no need for another.

Whether or not I stick with the 360, or sell it and buy a Wii or PS3 next year remains to be seen. I doubt I'll ever get a PS3 because most of the games I play are available on the 360. We had a Wii in our office last week and I got bored of it a bit quickly. It definately is a party console and considering most of my friends live miles away and the Mrs doesn't game, I think I'll lose interest quickly just waving the wiimote around on my lonesome. Plus the games I feel, don't interest me as much. I'm very much a person who enjoys great graphics and sound (plus good playability) and the old fashion joypad/controller gaming experience.

Gosh, I do sound like a Xbox360 Fanboy, don't I :eek: :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom