• Ill have both PS3 & 360

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • 360's all i need

Votes: 74 25.7%
  • Ill decide when price come down

Votes: 104 36.1%

• Total voters

Bleeders

Good grief, it's a fanboy's wet dream in here. Don't some of you belong at GameFAQS? :lol:

The PS3 has Virtua Fighter 5, 360 doesn't. It has Devil May Cry 4, 360 doesn't. That's enough to warrant a purchase for me, personally.

I love my 360, but I like variety as well.

Valleyman

Novice Member
The PS3 currently holds none of my interest as frankly I havn't seen a game on the horizon which warrants the price tag. That combined which Sony's lies and general treatment of gamers, "only true next gen console" blah blah, "superior to xbox360" blah blah, I am severely turned off the PS3 right now. I'm really sick of Sony's BS.

I'd love to vote 'Wii60 Baby!' ... but god damn it I know I'll see that shiny PS3 in a store somewhere and buy it because of one exclusive game.

Jack-Deth

Distinguished Member
I have neither the time nor the money to play more than one console. The 360 does all i need. Dont like beat 'em ups so no need for virtua fighter, MGS never floated my boat (neither does splinter cell). The PS3 looks like a fab peice of kit and if I won the lottery I might get one but the 360 ticks all my box's. Having a PREFERENCE for one console does not make you a fan boy (not suggesting Bleeders post is suggesting otherwise BTW!)

Pooon

Distinguished Member
Good grief, it's a fanboy's wet dream in here. Don't some of you belong at GameFAQS? :lol:

The PS3 has Virtua Fighter 5, 360 doesn't. It has Devil May Cry 4, 360 doesn't. That's enough to warrant a purchase for me, personally.
Hopefully your fist line is tongue in cheek as i'm yet to read a single fanboy-stylee post. People have posted their reasons so getting or not getting the other available consoles, and imho quite rightly the majority have posted that they wont be getting a PS3 or will wait for the price to come down.

For me VF and DMC are 2 of the worst game franchises so for me to lash out £500 to play those games is never going to happen, but if they are the sort of games you like then fair enough. Plus i like to be able to talk to my friends online whilst playing games, and see what games they are playing etc

durera

I'll get all three because I love games. I don't watch TV and rarely go to the cinema. 99% of my entertainment is contrived from gaming so I will have all 3 consoles and buy the best games on each.

That said I will wait until the consoles have a set of games that appeal to me before buying them, I waited 3-4 months to buy a 360, the Wii's launch titles seem similarly weak, and as for the PS3's -- well I barely consider the console launched with such a poor lineup of games available.

I will own all three, but only when there are some games worth playing on them.

I cannot think of a time when one console had such a good time for game releases as the 360 has been in right now: PES6, Lego Star Wars II, Dead Rising, RS:V, GoW and numerous others.

With the years' headstart, XBL, gamerscore etc. the 360 has set itself up to be my primary console (the one I buy most multi-platform titles on) -- I had expected the PS3 to be my main console but with my concerns over Blu Ray I'm not sure I want to invest in a huge library of games on a format that I expect to go the same way as the MiniDisc.

Bleeders

Hopefully your fist line is tongue in cheek as i'm yet to read a single fanboy-stylee post. People have posted their reasons so getting or not getting the other available consoles, and imho quite rightly the majority have posted that they wont be getting a PS3 or will wait for the price to come down.

For me VF and DMC are 2 of the worst game franchises so for me to lash out £500 to play those games is never going to happen, but if they are the sort of games you like then fair enough. Plus i like to be able to talk to my friends online whilst playing games, and see what games they are playing etc
Hence the ":lol:" at the end of the first line.

Horses for courses really. The main PS franchises I really liked have remained on the PS format, so it was an easy decision for me personally whether to go for one or not.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Good grief, it's a fanboy's wet dream in here.

I love my 360, but I like variety as well.
Well it is a 360 forum so i guess its to be expected

i'm yet to read a single fanboy-stylee post.
Theres been a couple but no ones rising to them so far :)

DMC isnt my style, VF5 does look very nice, just not £425+ nice, a few more good games like that and i might sit up and take notice.

stepneg

Last time round I had the cube, ps2 and xbox but I was living the single and free life so had the money and time to play them all :rolleyes:

This time round I have a family and a lot less time I really can't justify buying a PS3 or Wii. I don't seem to have enough time to play all the 360 games I want to so seems pointless. I voted to wait on a price drop though, I know that as I can't buy one easily it is easy to say no but when they are freely available I know i'm weak :suicide:

archfiendkain

Novice Member
Have the 360 and the add on which is great and I will be getting a wii in the new year. As for the PS3 I seriously do not think I will be tempted in the short term unless there is a really worthwhile release or drop in price

dannius

To be honest I am likely to sell my 360 to fund a PS3. I am on my 2nd 360 as I sold the first after becoming disillusioned already.

I do like the 360 and have friends on live, however in over a year of gaming I have still only found 2 games I actually like. Those being PGR3 and Gears.

Plus I'm not sure how much longer I can take the racket my 360 makes! I did get the HD DVD drive but it is just not pratical as a movie player due to the noise levels. Plus I think add on's look stupid.

I've been battling with myself over whether to sell my 360 for ages, Gears stopped me for a while but I look at the release list and it's all FPS's (which do not appeal at all with the exception of Halo 3).

I'm not saying the PS3 will necessarily have better games, but it will be quiet, have Blu Ray built in rather than a stupid add on, and will have a raft of Japanese developed titles to choose from.

I don't want to give up on the 360 but I feel I have no option really, can't afford both. :suicide:

meweavy

i used to be a playstation fan,and ive had playstations and ps2,s since day dot,but after the fiasco with the release date being put back from november to march(which incedently made me go out and buy a 360 that day).
i can say that i wont be buying a ps3.
sony seem to hold european gamers with contempt...
so i wont be buying a ps3..theres not much point i dont think,its basically the same machine as the 360 plus the games coming out for the 360 are just as good as anything the ps3 will have to offer.

gingin

Novice Member
hi all

i really thought i would, i went out and bought a jap psp a year before it came out over here but there was nothing like it - a hand held ps2.

I am quite unimpressed by the ps3 at the moment, the games are not as good as the 360 especially when there was all this hype about it being miles better.

on paper it may be better, but things always do. its how it performs that really matters i read somewhere that more games are now begining to look like gears of war because software developers have found out how to tap into more of its potential - look at dark sectors graphics.

g

markmitt

Novice Member
I'll have a PS3 as soon as possible, thanks...:thumbsup:

Will probably keep the 360 as well for games such as Halo 3. It it wasn't for Halo 3 though, I would be tempted to stick with PS3 only.

Kronenbourg

I'd like get a PS3 but not sure I will. I had a PS2 and after the price of xbox's went down loads I got one, this time I will prob do the opposite. My Xbox does everything I want it to do and XBLive is the killer feature for me - most of my mates live miles away and I like playing games against other people. If the PS3 drops loads in price and I have the cash to spare I may consider buying one - maybe Christmas 2008 or Jan 2009. I dont really have much time for gaming these days so forking out £400 for one seems a waste of money - would rather put the money towards a projector.

D

Deleted member 92943

I would only ever get a PS3 if HD-DVD failed and i needed a Blue-Ray player which thankfully won't happen as HD-DVD isn't going to fail.:D

Games wise, Everything i want is on the 360

SibTiger33

I would only ever get a PS3 if HD-DVD failed and i needed a Blue-Ray player which thankfully won't happen as HD-DVD isn't going to fail.:D

Games wise, Everything i want is on the 360
u hit the nail on the head there mate:D

we are all referring to the ps3 as a gaming console but ...

what if blu-ray starts to improve some... and the ps3 does drop in price then i for one will more than likely get the ps3 for blu-ray (assuming that the disney films / pixar are gonna be blu-ray only ...)

so for gaming i will not get a ps3 (unless f1 is really good)
for movies then maybe depending on pricing

D

Deleted member 92943

Mind you IF HD-DVD is somehow fail and prices came down i would rather buy a Dedicated Pioneer player or Denon if they have one out rather than a PS3 simply because i HATE SONY with a passion.

They simply do not deserve the consumers

meweavy

Mind you IF HD-DVD is somehow fail and prices came down i would rather buy a Dedicated Pioneer player or Denon if they have one out rather than a PS3 simply because i HATE SONY with a passion.

They simply do not deserve the consumers
fair comment seeing as sony seem to hate europe.
why should european gamers line sonys pockets after the ps3 balls up.

Gary D

Distinguished Member

what if blu-ray starts to improve some... and the ps3 does drop in price then i for one will more than likely get the ps3 for blu-ray (assuming that the disney films / pixar are gonna be blu-ray only ...)
And what if the PS3 has the build quality and performance (in DVD terms) of the PS2?

I'm still totally failing to get my head round the price - Stand alone BR player £800 - £1000 PS3 - £500 (including all the Cell processor stuff AND BR)

Am i the only one that thinks it will be a built a budget and will be shocking in terms of BR performance?

Thekop

Novice Member
Yes :) It'll compliment my Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii nicely :smashin:

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

so for gaming i will not get a ps3 (unless f1 is really good)
for movies then maybe depending on pricing
What happens if in a year or so the price drops on blu-ray players siginifiicantly and you have the choice between a PS3 and a standalone player for not much more, would you still go for PS3?

Personally im not a fan of the style of the PS3 id prefer a smart looking stand alone, in a year or so when these are avaialble in a nice slim package, will the PS3 still be your first choice for Blu-ray?

If i was going to get a PS3 it would be for games, it is a games machine remember!

D

Deleted member 92943

And what if the PS3 has the build quality and performance (in DVD terms) of the PS2?

I'm still totally failing to get my head round the price - Stand alone BR player £800 - £1000 PS3 - £500 (including all the Cell processor stuff AND BR)

Am i the only one that thinks it will be a built a budget and will be shocking in terms of BR performance?
The shocking thing is that from the reviews and people's opions on the forum, the PQ is amazing and equals the Dedicated Blue-Ray players. I still won't buy a PS3 though.

Toshiba and Microsft who only have 1 complete backer for HD-DVD (Universal) are certainly doing bloody well for themselves.

I've just read that in the first 2 weeks of the XBox 360 HD-DVD player being on sale in the US MS sold 42,000 of them. That is bloody good going.

SONY may have sold 192,000 PS3's in the same time, but how many PS3 owners are using it as a Blu-Ray player

LiFo

Novice Member
It quite annoying now, i feel forced :thumbsup: to buy all 3, i already have a wii for gaming and pure fun, Xbox 360 (well i only really bought this coz of Gears) but now its a route into HD-DVD and im going to have to get a ps3 for blu - ray. (never been a sony fan, not just there consoles the whole company's lack of responsiblilty when there products become faulty )

It's a lot of bleedin cash.

arcam007

Novice Member
Now,I still have to buy a Blu Ray player to watch all the other movies I can't see on HD-DVD like the ones from Disney,Fox,MGM,Columbia Tristar,Miramax(not the new Winston company),Touchstone,etc...
They'll produce movies on HD DVD in the future, after all they're in it to make money, so if the demand is there, which it will be, it's going to happen.

markmitt

Novice Member
I'll be buying a Wii when I can get my hands on one without having to sell both of my children to afford it. Same applies to the PS3, except I'll be getting a Wii in January and a PS3 sometime near Christmas 2008 if Sony's accounts department have anything to do with pricing the PS3.

I had all three consoles this time round as it was the only way to play some titles, sounds obvious I know but doesn't stop it from being true. I ended up selling my PS2 (regret it now) as I was talked into it by the wife. Now its hard work to get a decent chipped PS2 and I'll be hard pressed to get the games I want back - I particularly miss [SIZE=-1]Taiko no Tatsujin. :([/SIZE]
BrianC. I may have a PS2 that may be of interest to you. If you are, PM me...:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

Anthem launches latest AV receivers, processors and amplifiers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Naim and Focal discount premium music systems
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton