Votes: 37 12.8%
  • 360's all i need

Votes: 74 25.7%
  • Ill decide when price come down

Votes: 104 36.1%

• Total voters

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Was walking through town the other day and wandered into CEX (Computer Exchange) and saw a PS3 on display, now ive been adamant that i wont buy and certainly dont want a PS3, but the gadget lover inside me was interested... far more interested than i thought id be.

Got me wondering how many 360 owners plan to get a PS3 when we finally get them?

Personally i think it's just the shiny new toy appeal that got me, but if there was an awesome exclusive game that i was interested in and only on PS3 id get one when the price came down.

If you are getting one why and will you keep the 360?, if you wont why and what would Sony have to do to interest you?

*before the replies start coming this is meant to be a constructive thread, not Sony or MS bashing, it would be nice to be able to have a constructive conversation on this subject without it turning into a slanging match :lease: if you cant be constructive hit that back button now!

MartinH32

Yes, think I will and will keep the 360 if only for the fact that I like my gadgets!:thumbsup:

Indiana Jones

I have a 20Gb US version on the way but havent decided yet whether I should keep it or not.

SibTiger33

i've played on all 3 next gen consoles now and i gotta say i prefer the 360 over all of them to be honest.

but i did like the wii (well i liked the tennis and bowling - didnt like the boxing at all!)

ps3 i was a little disappointed with the graphics was expecting something alot better and also not liking the pad - feels like im using something sooo last generation :-( (ill assume the graphics will improve more so than the 360 improvements later next year - but ill not spend stupid money on somehting that is soo similar to a 360)

so no ps3 for me but a wii 80% chance in that.

BrianC

Novice Member
I'll be buying a Wii when I can get my hands on one without having to sell both of my children to afford it. Same applies to the PS3, except I'll be getting a Wii in January and a PS3 sometime near Christmas 2008 if Sony's accounts department have anything to do with pricing the PS3.

I had all three consoles this time round as it was the only way to play some titles, sounds obvious I know but doesn't stop it from being true. I ended up selling my PS2 (regret it now) as I was talked into it by the wife. Now its hard work to get a decent chipped PS2 and I'll be hard pressed to get the games I want back - I particularly miss [SIZE=-1]Taiko no Tatsujin. :([/SIZE]

B3anstar

I was holding out for the PS3 as I am a big big fan of the PS2. But following their frankly insulting treatment of it's european customers and alot of the games i'm interested in being multi-platform I started looking elsewhere. Hence now a 360 that i'm not allowed to touch till xmas.

I have no doubt i'll end up getting a ps3 if it gets any good games (no nose/spite/face here) but i'll be sticking with the 360 till such time. The fact that the 360 (for now at least) has as good looking games is a very pleasant surprise.

To many games to play to look at a wii but it looks soooo cool.

hmm not sure. i'm not going to commit to buying one, but if they're all that and a bag of potato chips, then i'll probly take the plunge.

Trying a mates wii next week, i could be seriously tempted

moofie

I'll be waiting on the price/availability in addition to how the exclusive titles end up playing. I'm happy Wii60-ing right now.

redmarkred

Possibly get a PS3 when the price comes down so that I can dump my noisy beast of a 360 ;)

dave1de

Novice Member
I might get one, I'll just wait and see. At the moment though I really do not think its worth £400, as it cannot really do much the 360 cannot do with the hd-dvd drive.

Steve-L

Novice Member
I honestly don't know - the only thing that is tempting me is the BlueRay player - there's certainly nothing game-wise out there at the moment that would have me rushing out to get one. The GT series lost its pulling power for me after version 3 and I'm tired of MGS. Think I'll wait to see what's on offer in March... But I know what you mean about shiny new kit... and reading stuff on AVF never helps matters! ;)

po_man

I honestly don't know - the only thing that is tempting me is the BlueRay player - there's certainly nothing game-wise out there at the moment that would have me rushing out to get one. The GT series lost its pulling power for me after version 3 and I'm tired of MGS. Think I'll wait to see what's on offer in March... But I know what you mean about shiny new kit... and reading stuff on AVF never helps matters! ;)
Very similar to how i feel although i'm pretty certain i will be getting one. Both my 360 and PS3 will live together in perfect harmony!
For me i think that the whole package is the thing that really appeals to me i.e. BluRay, exclusive titles, Media Hub etc...

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Think I'll wait to see what's on offer in March... But I know what you mean about shiny new kit... and reading stuff on AVF never helps matters! ;)
Yup i think itll be interesting to see when March hits and its available (assuming its available) whether people will still be willing to wait for a price drop, or will they get swept up in the launch fever?

Although the amount of people who have voted price drop is interesting and thats from an AV forum where members used to paying for thier new shiny kit, i cant help but think theyve created a huge barrier to entry at that price point.

But like you say everyone likes new shiny kit!

Vinny74

IMO Sony always promise so much and deliver so little (does anyone remember The Bouncer on the PS2?).
Really happy with the 360 - and at the moment it doesn't look like the PS3 will be any better (maybe not even as good).
It would have to be one serious piece of kit to warrant a purchase at that price - and as someone else said, the controller makes the whole thing feel like last generation.

Markoos

Novice Member
Will be sticking with the 360, though I might get a Wii somewhere down the line. The combination of price point, Sony's arrogance, the closure of Lik-Sang and the complete lack of any exclusive titles that interest me mean the PS3 is a definite no-go.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Will be sticking with the 360, though I might get a Wii somewhere down the line.
Likewise, would like to get a Wii sometime next year. Currently have no interest what so ever in the PS3 but I never say never. If I ever did buy a PS3 it'd probably be in a couple years time when the price has dropped dramatically, and only if there are loads of PS3 exclusive titles that I REALLY want, otherwise no point for me.

Voted for the last option, almost opted for Wii60 as I do have an interest in a Wii, but as I don't have one the bottom option seemed the closest for me.

runam0k

TBH I only really have time enough for one. The gadget lover inside says I'll buy one and put it through its paces but, from the info available right now, it's unlikely to replace my 360. The games and feature set will have to improve dramatically IMO.

This poll really needs an "If I see a significant improvement between now and launch". ;)

samhain

I must admit that I have no inclination to get a PS3 whatsoever. Not sure why since I have got all consoles in the past. I just don't think it will provide me with more than I already have to justify the cost. I am more tempted for a Wii to be honest.

Where a life changing killer app comes along I might think differently

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

Tunney

Novice Member
There's about a 80% chance that I'll buy a Wii and about a 50% chance I'll buy a PS3. It all comes down to the quality of the games and the price of the console. I tend to buy 6-12 months after a console is released, to give a better indication of the kind of games that will be available.

I don't really understand the "Sony are evil" arguement for not buying a PS3. Let's not forget that both their rivals have been in trouble too. Nintendo got fined a record €167.8 million for price-fixing and region lock their games whilst Microsoft have been at the centre of a wide range of anti-trust and anti-competition legal cases. They're all big businesses with share-holders to please. They'll do what ever it takes to make a profit.

Chris705

Novice Member
Would I buy a PS3 ermmmm NO whats the point it will be redundant in two years (with bluray following it). Ive converted so many people to Xbox 360 even die hard PS fans.

SibTiger33

look whos done a 180, Mr "ill buy a PS3 for F1 alone" ;)

what happened dude?
pricing and the fact that it will not work with my £200 + remote!!

i have a 895 and a 885 and from what i've heard the ps3 can not be controlled using it :-(

f1 is open license again in 2008 so i can wait - (assuming this f1 game is ***** - PLEASE BE *****!! - if not then ill have to get a ps3)

also im a little worried about online game play too :-(

SibTiger33

Would I buy a PS3 ermmmm NO whats the point it will be redundant in two years (with bluray following it). Ive converted so many people to Xbox 360 even die hard PS fans.
hehe i've done the same mate

so many friends of mine played my 360 on my hd set and went out and got one (alot of them ps fans too )

cHk4

Banned
Well I selected I will have them all.

but the only reason I am getting a ps3 is metal gear solid! and new Grand Theft Auto

Although I heard MGS is coming out on the 360!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett