Will you be heading back to the pub anytime soon?

Are you going to the pub?

• Yes, as soon as I can

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • No, I'm not a frequent pub goer

Votes: 39 33.3%
  • No, I'm not taking the risk, yet

Votes: 59 50.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
So, anyone surprised by this?

Where I live there is one pub, at the top of our estate and it remained closed (despite spending a small fortune on an outdoor decking area). The Club (as in Working Mens Club) opened at 11:00 and there was a queue of three outside waiting to get in.

I think there were more people in the neighbour's back garden.

mikeybabes2

Distinguished Member
My NI contributes to Maternity services that I'll never use too, but do I complain about that?
Tim Martin deserves bashing, disgusting man.

Spoons has the rep it does for a reason, cheap beer always attracts the same crowds, old men with gravy stains on their holy jumpers and betting slips hanging out their left pocket, and a packet of Drum in their right. Old lasses caked in makeup that smell like the bottom of a fish tank. Usually a crazy old dude sat in the corner that yells at everyone as they come in, he's smiling, looks friendly, nobody can tell a word he's shouting but it's full of swearing and usually ends with a AYEEEE? before he blows bogies all over his Daily Star. Poor Fred wondering where Daves gone who left for the toilet 6 years ago and hasn't been seen since, he's probably situated with all the other brave souls who ventured for the loo and never made it, seriously, needing a wee in that place is like a Pilgrimage. The group of chavs in the corner pretending their cool with their CeX bags on their backs. Oh lets not forget the daily shoplifter who calls in every day at 11am to sell cheap Dove hand cream, a random electric toothbrush or some manky chicken fillets.

I'm not stereotyping, go visit Spoons tomorrow, you'll see all the above.
Thank god for Waitrose....

b55b2ba5293012ac39763ee46d92e692.jpg

richp007

Distinguished Member
I think we can keep the Super Saturday term safe for the day in 2012 when the likes of Jess Ennis, Rutherford and Magic Mo smashed it at the Olympics.

Yesterday I think was more akin to a Sad Sack Saturday.

(I had no problem with pubs etc re-opening, just the shambolic management around it and the day that was chosen).

mcbainne

Distinguished Member
so has Nigel been back the 336 hours I believe it works out to? He seems to think he has and has also been tested . Your right , the police have nothing to do at the moment so this must go top of there list. 👍
The fact he has been tested has no bearing on this, the rules are quite clear it's 14 days total regardless if a test has been carried out of not. Are you arguing that quarantine rules should be abandoned totally or do you just have a bee in your bonnet because it's Farage that's been caught breaking them?

Nocturnal

To think that a good proportion of those idiots in Soho crowding together would have been out clapping for the NHS every Thursday night.

I couldn't even attend a friend's mothers funeral a while back. She died from Covid-19.

What idiot coined this 'Super Saturday' term and what idiot would try and use it in a positive way?

krish

Distinguished Member
The fact he has been tested has no bearing on this, the rules are quite clear it's 14 days total regardless if a test has been carried out of not. Are you arguing that quarantine rules should be abandoned totally or do you just have a bee in your bonnet because it's Farage that's been caught breaking them?
He's a lying twunt, he lied about the number of days he was back, so he probably lied about being tested.

IronGiant

and as mcbainne said, having a test is irrelevant because it can take up to 14 days to test positive. That's the whole point of making it a 14 day quarantine. Well one of them anyway :)

Last edited:

krish

Distinguished Member
He was undoubtedly one of the many cucks (though not that many :laugh:) in Tulsa forced to sign a COVID-19 waiver at the rally, accepting all risks.

richp007

Distinguished Member
It just shows you the level of ignorance and perhaps wilful negligence of people out there. I saw plenty defending Farage yesterday and they clearly didn't actually have a clue about the guidelines.

chez1hunts

Not arguing anything at all. I think it's pretty funny that Farage is winding so many people up. Look what's happened over the last month and all people are moaning about is Nigel Farage.... I wonder why. :rotfl:

Popped down to support my local at 12 today just for a quick couple of pints, some very good guide lines in place. Look's like they are doing everything they possibly can to keep everyone safe.... wasn't a spoons before everyone has a melt down. :D

IronGiant

It's no different from the Cummings incidents, just another in the public eye who thinks that the rules and guidelines don't apply to them. They should all be denigrated for it.

mitchec1

Distinguished Member
I think we can keep the Super Saturday term safe for the day in 2012 when the likes of Jess Ennis, Rutherford and Magic Mo smashed it at the Olympics.

Yesterday I think was more akin to a Sad Sack Saturday.

(I had no problem with pubs etc re-opening, just the shambolic management around it and the day that was chosen).
I can see the logic behind a Saturday being chosen.

Less commuters on public transport, workers not coming into drunken shirkers for whom getting ****faced in the pub is just an extension of the one big holiday they've been on.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I can see the logic behind a Saturday being chosen.

Less commuters on public transport, workers not coming into drunken shirkers for whom getting ****faced in the pub is just an extension of the one big holiday they've been on.
Much less logic still though than the alternative. To which there were many.

Beginning on a Monday and staggering through the rest of the week with limited times, would have eased the congestion and meant for less drunk behaviour - and as a result of that you would have expected more adherence to social distancing guidelines. Less risk.

It was a bull in a China shop move yesterday, as opposed to the managed plan it should have been.

You listen to the police on this sort of thing - and bars themselves - not a few brainless politician's more interested in good will than good practice.

mcbainne

Distinguished Member
Not arguing anything at all. I think it's pretty funny that Farage is winding so many people up. Look what's happened over the last month and all people are moaning about is Nigel Farage.... I wonder why. :rotfl:

Popped down to support my local at 12 today just for a quick couple of pints, some very good guide lines in place. Look's like they are doing everything they possibly can to keep everyone safe.... wasn't a spoons before everyone has a melt down. :D
IG beat me to it but all these incidents are by people (Farage, Cummings even Stanley Johnson) in varying positions of responsibility who should know better. Failure to call them out and deal with them has led to the mess were in and the chaos we've seen on the beaches and now the bars with people just thinking the whole things a laugh

krish

Distinguished Member
Well he definitely didn't choose 4th July and call it Independence Day as a show of subservience to anyone in particular, if that's what you're thinking? I certainly don't think he's bending the knee and rolling over for a poor trade deal with some orange moron.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Like with any business there are good ones, bad ones, better ones etc. My first experience was in Telford, I was really hungry, but the food was seriously bad. Tasted as it came out of a microwave. But for a quick pint, they are no different than many other places in the UK. Beer too warm, glasses used for other beverages, etc. Just a typical British pub/café experience. Very few places get it right.
You naughty boy . A well perfectly served pint of real ale is not to warm as its served as an ale should be and much like a fine wine it has a perfect serving temp . Many a real pub serving real ales in the UK get it spot on for folks that know the difference. And I may add are up there in reviews .

Many jusr want an ultra cold tastless pint of nothing to go with a meal .

mitchec1

Distinguished Member

Beginning on a Monday and staggering through the rest of the week with limited times, would have eased the congestion and meant for less drunk behaviour - and as a result of that you would have expected more adherence to social distancing guidelines. Less risk.

It was a bull in a China shop move yesterday, as opposed to the managed plan it should have been.

You listen to the police on this sort of thing - and bars themselves - not a few brainless politician's more interested in good will than good practice.
But your counting on the common sense of the public, look how they were when the beaches opened.

What ever they would have planned would have been ignored unfortunately members of the UK public are thick.

mark1080p

What idiot coined this 'Super Saturday' term and what idiot would try and use it in a positive way?
Mainstream Media coined it, well I personally only heard of the phrase, after watching the news and reading BBC/Sky/ITV news articles.

sounds like their strategy though... big it up, as party for Major relaxation of lockdown. Then show videos, the next day about how it was impossible to social distance.

Slight positive note - Apart from the same clips of Soho, I’m glad to say, nothing else has popped up on my social media feeds Regarding lack of social distancing. unlike VE Day, Bank Hol beaches and BLM protests, where there were loads of different videos from all over the UK

iangreasby

I remember when Sky started using the term "Super Sunday" only when the football matches involved at least 2 of the top 4 clubs in the Premier League. Eventually they just started using it every Sunday.

MikeHoy

For those numpties that think a pint or a sherry is more important than their health or other peoples in this pandemic.
When you get COVID19 stay at home and suffer and do not bother the NHS.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Latest News

JBL launches 4349 Studio Monitor
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display next generation OLEDs showcased at SID 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 2nd August 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published