Will xp500s work with Xbox one now?

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
Morning all, I can't figure out if my turtle beach xp500 headset will work with Xbox one if I buy the headset adapter?

Anyone on here have one that they've got working?

It's a £200 headset so I'd very much like to be able to use it again

Thanks

moraybank

Morning all, I can't figure out if my turtle beach xp500 headset will work with Xbox one if I buy the headset adapter?

Anyone on here have one that they've got working?

It's a £200 headset so I'd very much like to be able to use it again

Thanks
I've got Tritton Warheads, I'll never get chat but Im happy that the optical output is fixed.

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
I bought the official headset adapter but the plug on the turtle beach lead is 2.5mm and the adapter is 3.5mm

gutted!

any ideas how I can get these working for chat also?

shuflie

I bought the official headset adapter but the plug on the turtle beach lead is 2.5mm and the adapter is 3.5mm

gutted!

Why not use the 3.5 to 2.5 adaptor that comes in the box? Have a look under the cardboard insert if you haven't chucked it in the bin, there's a short micro USB lead for updating your controller there too.

Dexy

gutted!

The turtle beach is 2.5mm and so are both ends of the talkback cable, the adapter is 3.5mm but it comes with a 3.5mm to a 2.5mm adapter cable.

Should work fine with the adapter as long as you have a talkback cable, available for £9 in most shops.

I know mine work perfectly with it.

imnotrich

Is the sound quality the same with the new adpator and chat lead? Is it still 7.1 or does is it stereo only?

sparkie1984

Distinguished Member
Sound quality seems ok as it still uses optical for audio just a wired mic

To be honest though it's a pain having loads if various leads so I don't use them much

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Is the sound quality the same with the new adpator and chat lead? Is it still 7.1 or does is it stereo only?
If you're using a headset that takes an input from the optical port on the back of the console, you can get the simulated 5.1 like the Xbox 360 did. If you've got a headset that takes it's audio input purely from the adapter in the bottom of the pad, it's stereo without the simulated surround.

scottish steveo

Novice Member
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I recently bought the xbox one headset adapter and the talkback cable. I can hear in game chat perfectly fine through the headset but it isn't picking up my voice. The headset mic is working because I can hear myself using the mic feature but the red circle when in party chat doesn't show any voice audio as being received.

I set up as follows:

adapter connected to xbox one controller
controller updated
3.5mm adapter connected to talk back cable
talkback cable connected to xp500 headset
can hear in game chat fine but no voice is being transmitted from my side

Any suggestions?

nug21

Novice Member
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I recently bought the xbox one headset adapter and the talkback cable. I can hear in game chat perfectly fine through the headset but it isn't picking up my voice. The headset mic is working because I can hear myself using the mic feature but the red circle when in party chat doesn't show any voice audio as being received.

I set up as follows:

adapter connected to xbox one controller
controller updated
3.5mm adapter connected to talk back cable
talkback cable connected to xp500 headset
can hear in game chat fine but no voice is being transmitted from my side

Any suggestions?

Did you have any luck with this? I have exactly the same setup and it did work when I first bought the chat adapter (the day it came out). But I just tried it again for the first time in a few months and I'm having exactly the same problem. I'm wondering if an update change something?

Detto

Hard reset your Xbox?

Dexy

Double check all the leads are fully in the connections.

Then try a hard reset as this seems to sort most chat issues for me.

Blasphemous

Standard Member
I'm sorry to dig up an old thread guys but I'm hoping someone here can help.

I have a set of Turtle Beach XP500. My son uses them with his Xbox 360. The tip of the 2.5 mm jack has snapped off (he dropped the controller). I've searched high and low to try to find a replacement connector but I can't find one. Is anyone here able to help me find a replacement connector please?

Thank you in advance.

Blasphemous

Standard Member
Thank you for the reply Chuck but I've already been to Turtle Beach's site, they seem to sell everything but the connector. I should have stated earlier, it is a replacement Bluetooth connector that I need. This is a picture of the device...

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
Ah sorry, should have assumed you would have checked the parts directory.

INSTALL SERVICE - XBOX ONE - Turtle Beach XBA Bluetooth headset adapter Wireless | eBay

Would something like that be worth looking into? The listing sounds like they incorporate it into the wired headset shroud? Maybe send a message to the seller.

Other than that, its on amazon for £65.. Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: Bluetooth Adaptor (Xbox 360)

Turtle Beach Xbox 360 Bluetooth Adaptor £30 ex vat here but awaiting stock, like most cases, they probably wont ever get it, could be worth an email though.

Blasphemous

Standard Member
Thank you once again for your reply and perseverance Chuck.

The first link you have provided is for a conversion of the Xbox 360 Bluetooth adapter to fit into a Xbox One chat adapter. So that wouldn't solve the issue.

The Amazon link is for the right adapter but £65 is a stretch. The £30 link is better obviously but I'm gulping at these prices, I thought it would be about £10 to £15 at most.

I'm thinking I may need to go down the route of buying him a wired adapter and possibly look at a new headset. It's a shame as it's only the bluetooth adapter that isn't working.

Thank you for your input Chuck, you've been most persistent. I really do appreciate you taking the time.

Detto

XTC Talkback Cable - Turtle Beach Corporation

Should work and you should be able to pick one up in Game or Argos. Just a wired connection from the controller to the headphones instead of a fancy bluetooth puck. The wired connection is just for chat, the game sound is still wireless from the xp500s transmitter.

Last edited: