Will we ever see another Star Trek Series (now spoilers).

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I have been a fan of Star Trek since I was a kid and I was wondering if there were any plans to release a new Star Trek show any time soon. In my eyes Star Trek is one of the greatest TV show series ever made and it seems strange that there is no new version of the Star Trek Universe. :)

Thanks for that krish.

Using Sylar as the new Spock is a great choice IMO, they look very similar.

I cant wait for the new movie to arrive, I had heard a rumour a while ago that they were going to do a new movie but didnt know anything more about it. :)

I guess I am going to have to wait a whole year before I get to see it.

Of course there will be another Star Trek series one-day but for now I think the franchise needs a break. When they do return they need to make sure that they have talented writers on board with fresh ideas.

Frank Zappa once said jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny. Sorry but that's how I feel about Star Trek. Give it a long break and it could be great again.

All the best
Bri

There may be a new TV series if the movie does well (unlikely IMO). Until they get rid of the fools in charge of Enterprise, no new show stands a chance.

There may be a new TV series if the movie does well (unlikely IMO). Until they get rid of the fools in charge of Enterprise, no new show stands a chance.

You didn't like Enterprise? Brilliant scripts, casting and that first rate theme music.:D Star Trek has never been better.:rolleyes:

Cheers
Bri

Until they get rid of the fools in charge of Enterprise, no new show stands a chance.
they were slowly let go by Paramount :smashin: ... Rick Berman and Brannon Braga have no more involvement with new Trek, and JJ Abrams has been given the movie franchise

I think it will be a hit, because its being given a long build up, Nimoy's involved, they probably are giving it a decent budget and haven't started making excuses for it failing yet, as Berman and Braga did for their last couple of TNG movies months before they were released. Few people actually cared when those last couple of movies were released, but now hunger for some good Trek is growing ... so even if the film's total crap it will be a commercial hit.

they were slowly let go by Paramount :smashin: ... Rick Berman and Brannon Braga have no more involvement with new Trek, and JJ Abrams has been given the movie franchise

Excellent news. They were the two main culprits of what made Voyager so crap.

And I didn't entirely hate Enterprise. The theme music was excellent until they changed it in Season 2/3. Season 3 was very good, but Season 1 & 2 were on par with Voyager. I never saw the season finale so won't do what most on forums do and state my opinion on something I haven't seen.

But most of the time watching Enterprise in battle I just wanted them to fire up the shields and let loose some quantum torpedoes, instead of the weak weapons they had. :rotfl:

Excellent news. They were the two main culprits of what made Voyager so crap.

And I didn't entirely hate Enterprise. The theme music was excellent until they changed it in Season 2/3. Season 3 was very good, but Season 1 & 2 were on par with Voyager. I never saw the season finale so won't do what most on forums do and state my opinion on something I haven't seen.

But most of the time watching Enterprise in battle I just wanted them to fire up the shields and let loose some quantum torpedoes, instead of the weak weapons they had. :rotfl:

Maybe due to it being se pre-federation and having an not so advanced ship they had very poor weapons i surpose, yeah it was annyoing that they were always taking hits!.
I for one did not think Enterprise was going to be that good after loving Generations, but i was suprised how quick i got to like the characters of Enterprise and the storylines. :smashin:

so my pref of the series i liked would be 1. Generations, Enterprise, Star Trek Orig, Voyager, last DS9.

What is the chronological timeline order of the series?, cant seem to find it anywhere online :confused:

Is it;

Enterprise
Star Trek Orig
Generations
DS9
Voyager

Funny how we all like different things, but my order would be...

Voyager
Star Trek Orig
Generations
DS9
Enterprise

The new movie sounds very interesting.. can't wait!

I would say Voyager and DS9 had the same timeline virtually as voyager left on its voyage from DS9

the only recent activity has been the HD remastering and new CGI for TOS and JJ Abrams is of course making the new movie:

[youtube]3zQqLYkf2aQ[/youtube]

you had me convinced there was some form of spoiler in there with that massive gap in your post.

my preffered order would be

DS9 (seasons 4-7)
next generation
Enterprise
OS
Voyager (hated just about every character)
DS9 (Seasons 1-3)

What is the chronological timeline order of the series?, cant seem to find it anywhere online :confused:

Enterprise
TOS
TNG
DS9
VOY

When Picard was part of the Borg and led them against the Federation, Benjamin Cisko's wife was killed during The Battle of Wolf 359(end of s3/start of s4) and it was after this that he received the posting to command DS9. The USS Voyager (NCC-74656) did indeed dock with DS9(in s3, I think) before it went off to the Delta Quadrant.

Enterprise
TOS
TNG
DS9
VOY

When Picard was part of the Borg and led them against the Federation, Benjamin Cisko's wife was killed during The Battle of Wolf 359(end of s3/start of s4) and it was after this that he received the posting to command DS9. The USS Voyager (NCC-74656) did indeed dock with DS9(in s3, I think) before it went off to the Delta Quadrant.

thanks, so my chronological was in the correct order...

you had me convinced there was some form of spoiler in there with that massive gap in your post
Aren't you able to see the embedded YouTube clip (that should be where that gap is :D)
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQqLYkf2aQ

My preferred order is
DS9
TOS
TNG
VOY
ENT
... although Greg was giving the chronological order of the Trek timeline rather than order of preference I believe

btw TNG, DS9 and VOY share the same period of the timeline but if you were taking all the movies and series together I believe its:
ENT, TOS, TOS movies, TNG/DS9/VOY (with DS9 starting during the last few seasons of TNG and having some crossover episodes in both shows and Generations, First Contact, Insurrection and earlier seasons of VOY set during DS9's run ... e.g. Worf joining DS9, the Defiant in First Contact, the new uniforms introduced in First Contact and then appearing in DS9, VOY stuck with their old uniforms in the Delta Quadrant whilst contacting Starfleet colleagues in new uniforms in the Alpha Quadrant), Nemesis (the last movie, and end of the timeline of TV/movie Trek)

I am not Normally one to slate something before it comes out or to even say its bad without even seeing it, but a new star trek TV show is going to be Dependant on how well the new movie performs. Personally, I thinking the movie will tank , badly.

JJ is going to be asking his core audience to except a brand new cast in established roles. Its not like reinventing the show from scratch like battle star. IT cant be if Leonard Nimoy is invovled and still playing an older Spock.

So what we have is JJ doing a star trek time line alternate universe type story to maybe explain why the young kirk spoke and McCoy et-all don't look like they should. I mean its not as if the original cast were that old when they started. they simply just would not look that different back when they first started out in star fleet.

But the biggest thing that has annoyed me is the fact that there is not going to be any Shatner in the film. For goodness sake if you are going to be messing with established cannon and continuity, if you are going to bugger about with the time line and expect us to except other people in the roles of established characters, then why not go the whole hog and big back big bill, even if its in a cameo. There simply is no excuse!!!!!!!

From a studio point of view, it depends if the movie tanks, from a fan base, they would watch it without the movie.

Not to sure about the writers he's working with him they have done Alias with him, but also screenplayed movies like The Island and The Legend of Zorro, Transformers, so dont expect the script dialogue to be top. But should be good on action then...

I wouln'nt be suprised if Bill makes a cameo, still a long way to go for 2008 xmas release.

The problem Startrek has is that its fan base like the historic style whilst the average person prefers a bit more action. They tried to get the action with ENT but it still has the 'sad' badge that comes with startrek.

I therefore think they need to wait a few years before releasing a new series, so a new generation can watch them without thinking too much about the nutty extreme fan base (say startrek to most people and they will start thinking about conventions and people dressing up).

However, i am 100% certain that their will be another series at some point in the future.

My preferred order is
DS9
TOS
TNG
VOY
ENT
... although Greg was giving the chronological order of the Trek timeline rather than order of preference I believe

I never said that. But I am about to. :rotfl:

My order of preference is

DS9 (Season 3/4 onwards rules!)
TNG
TOS
VOY
ENT

Dave-S said:
JJ is going to be asking his core audience to except a brand new cast in established roles. Its not like reinventing the show from scratch like battle star. IT cant be if Leonard Nimoy is invovled and still playing an older Spock.

So what we have is JJ doing a star trek time line alternate universe type story to maybe explain why the young kirk spoke and McCoy et-all don't look like they should. I mean its not as if the original cast were that old when they started. they simply just would not look that different back when they first started out in star fleet.

But the biggest thing that has annoyed me is the fact that there is not going to be any Shatner in the film. For goodness sake if you are going to be messing with established cannon and continuity, if you are going to bugger about with the time line and expect us to except other people in the roles of established characters, then why not go the whole hog and big back big bill, even if its in a cameo. There simply is no excuse!!!!!!!

You're making a heck of a lot of presumptions! Firstly there is no question of this being a "...time line alternate universe type story...". None whatsoever. As for your reasoning for this assumption...

...to maybe explain why the young kirk spoke and McCoy et-all don't look like they should. I mean its not as if the original cast were that old when they started. they simply just would not look that different back when they first started out in star fleet.

...again there has been no mention of this by Abrams or anyone connected with the movie, it is not addressed in any early drafts of the script that have been circulated, and is simply not an issue. There will simply be new actors in the roles. No explanation for different appearances necessary. Audiences will be able to cope with this I feel. Think Alec Guinness - Ewan MacGregor.

Its not like reinventing the show from scratch like battle star. IT cant be if Leonard Nimoy is invovled and still playing an older Spock.

Once again, Alec Guinness - Ewan MacGregor.

For goodness sake if you are going to be messing with established cannon and continuity, if you are going to bugger about with the time line and expect us to except other people in the roles of established characters...

:confused: Once again, where are your grounds for these assumptions? Indeed from what we know so far, canon and continuity are uppermost in Abrams' mind. There is nothing whatsoever to suggest that anything is about to be tampered with. Simply because new actors are involved does not mean the basic ST timeline / canon will be changed.

I find this bizzarre and somewhat reminiscent of the irrational furore and wild predictions and assumptions over Daniel Craig's casting as 007, "James Blonde", "boycottcraig.com", etc. Not to mention a similar getting-of-knickers-in-a-twist by Trekkies when ST:TNG was announced - threatened boycotts of the show, "No Trek without Kirk & Spock" letter campaigns, etc.

And look how they both turned out. :)

You're making a heck of a lot of presumptions! Firstly there is no question of this being a "...time line alternate universe type story...". None whatsoever. As for your reasoning for this assumption...

...again there has been no mention of this by Abrams or anyone connected with the movie, it is not addressed in any early drafts of the script that have been circulated, and is simply not an issue. There will simply be new actors in the roles. No explanation for different appearances necessary. Audiences will be able to cope with this I feel. Think Alec Guinness - Ewan MacGregor.

Once again, Alec Guinness - Ewan MacGregor.

:confused: Once again, where are your grounds for these assumptions? Indeed from what we know so far, canon and continuity are uppermost in Abrams' mind. There is nothing whatsoever to suggest that anything is about to be tampered with. Simply because new actors are involved does not mean the basic ST timeline / canon will be changed.

I find this bizzarre and somewhat reminiscent of the irrational furore and wild predictions and assumptions over Daniel Craig's casting as 007, "James Blonde", "boycottcraig.com", etc. Not to mention a similar getting-of-knickers-in-a-twist by Trekkies when ST:TNG was announced - threatened boycotts of the show, "No Trek without Kirk & Spock" letter campaigns, etc.

And look how they both turned out. :)

OK and valid points but.

Alec Guinness was never young in the original star wars trilogy, this is why you could convince people to except a different person in the role playing a much younger kenobi. The original cast were all pretty young when they started. Convincing people that other actors can play the same characters at the same sort of age is going to be a hard sell to the main fan base.

You cant compare the bond franchise either. i think people expect that each actor to play bond will have a slightly different take, plus there really is no sort of continuity between all the movies. If some one is going to play a young kirk and Spock, then they have to be like them. My worry is that the casting for kirk will have the actor doing a bad shatner impression like a Saturday night live sketch and not actually be playing the character like it should be.

I have enjoyed all of the Star Trek movies and shows apart from Deep Space nine which I must admit depressed the hell out of me. I didnt like the fact that they were confined to one spot with the space station. I believe this improved with the later seasons.

I also thought Enterprise was improving and the last 2 seasons were really good and I was very used to the characters by then. I was shocked to see it get canned. :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom