Will vaccination be yearly?

D

Deleted member 849701

I know it’s wild speculation but we should know the answer by the end of 2021 right? By the time we vaccine the younger the older groups may require a “top up”. How will they determine when the top up is due? Does someone have to catch it first?

And we know everyone over 18 will be offered it right so my next question is will they have the resources to vaccine 65 million each year or will they just do the at risk groups? Assuming they do there would be no difference between unvaccinated running around a year vs a healthy person jabbed and immunity worn off.

I think the official line has been yearly jabs but they have stopped short of saying if everybody is included so perhaps someone here would be educated to maybe have a guess?

We do not know when the second dose will be administered, you would be hard pushed to find anyone in governmemnt of NHS England to guarentee this will actually happen.

We do not know when the second dose will be administered, you would be hard pushed to find anyone in governmemnt of NHS England to guarentee this will actually happen.
I have read one dose for healthy people. Seemingly Israel won’t vaccine you if you had COVID as you have immunity?

Is the official line yearly jabs? I'm not so sure.

We won't know and there's little point playing guessing games at this point. It depends on a lot of factors.

Please also don't share Brewer and her anti-lockdown shite. Swayne is no better either. Both utterly clueless.

If you want answers to questions that matter, you won't find them with those two.

I know it’s wild speculation but we should know the answer by the end of 2021 right? By the time we vaccine the younger the older groups may require a “top up”. How will they determine when the top up is due? Does someone have to catch it first?

And we know everyone over 18 will be offered it right so my next question is will they have the resources to vaccine 65 million each year or will they just do the at risk groups? Assuming they do there would be no difference between unvaccinated running around a year vs a healthy person jabbed and immunity worn off.

I think the official line has been yearly jabs but they have stopped short of saying if everybody is included so perhaps someone here would be educated to maybe have a guess?
As far as the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is concerned at least - and probably equally for the others, those in the vaccine trials have their blood tested for antibodies every 2 months or so. As the trial continues (and THIS aspect of it is continuing) one presumes they will establish how long the vaccine's preventative effect lasts, and thereby determine a top-up frequency - but modify that as requied by further mutations that require a change to the vaccine (as with flu) etc.

Is the official line yearly jabs? I'm not so sure.

We won't know and there's little point playing guessing games at this point. It depends on a lot of factors.

Please also don't share Brewer and her anti-lockdown sh*te. Swayne is no better either. Both utterly clueless.

If you want answers to questions that matter, you won't find them with those two.

First they need the data on how long immunity from vaccines lasts for before they can make a decision about annual vaccinations. Then there is the complicating factor of COVID-19 mutating in a way that renders the current formulation of vaccines less effective thus vaccines needing to be tweaked.

Tbh the likes of Swayne and co don't seem able to grasp that COVID-19 is going to be with us for a very long time and that we are going to have to adjust how we do things to compensate to keep economies going all be it at a slower pace than before. If Swayne and co had their way, we'd have no health care systems as they'd be overwhelmed to the point of failure (no matter if they are public or private systems). If certain Tory MP's get their way and we start to relax restrictions in March ? We'll see the infection rates going up again. This new strain appears to be impacting more people who are younger and don't have any underlying health conditions.

If certain Tory MP's get their way and we start to relax restrictions in March ? We'll see the infection rates going up again. This new strain appears to be impacting more people who are younger and don't have any underlying health conditions.
I think the thing that is sometimes overlooked is that it isn't simply infection rates; it is the number whose infection impact is so severe that they need critical care - which, as you say, is limited by the health system (wherever it is and however its funded). Thus, I suspect that - for example if the vaccine (even if merely) reduces serious impact (but not necessarily infection rates) then that would allow some - or even a full - opening up of the "system". We could all walk around with totally or mostly asympyomatic covid and it wouldn't matter. As long as the critical care demand is low enough for healthcare to cope - as it is, typically, with Flu and umpteen other conditions - then we should, I guess, see relaxations happening.

First they need the data on how long immunity from vaccines lasts for before they can make a decision about annual vaccinations. Then there is the complicating factor of COVID-19 mutating in a way that renders the current formulation of vaccines less effective thus vaccines needing to be tweaked.

Tbh the likes of Swayne and co don't seem able to grasp that COVID-19 is going to be with us for a very long time and that we are going to have to adjust how we do things to compensate to keep economies going all be it at a slower pace than before. If Swayne and co had their way, we'd have no health care systems as they'd be overwhelmed to the point of failure (no matter if they are public or private systems). If certain Tory MP's get their way and we start to relax restrictions in March ? We'll see the infection rates going up again. This new strain appears to be impacting more people who are younger and don't have any underlying health conditions.

Everyone is busy celebrating infections going down, but if you listen to the doctors and nurses they're still really struggling to cope with the influx. More patients than beds.

This notion that infection rates are coming down and people are getting vaccinated so let's go wild, is a false and dangerous one.

Only when the pressure on the NHS is relieved and not before, should we be talking about easing restrictions. We owe them that much.

The vaccines reduce the severity of disease, it's not yet known if they stop transmission. If they don't then certain restrictions will have to remain in place for a while to come. I expect we might see rules relaxed a bit once all adults in the UK have been vaccinated (hopefully by September). Then there's the question of what to do about children and COVID vaccinations.

I seen the Israel one in Twitter and the other one I think Whitty has said before yearly jabs will be needed.
He certainly has not mentioned it in tonight's briefing, surprisingly a second dose has been mentioned in answer to a question from a member of the public and the second dose is still very much needed though to be honest the logistics in providing 15,000,000 people with their second does whilst also giving out the first dose to others will be challenging.

Everyone is busy celebrating infections going down, but if you listen to the doctors and nurses they're still really struggling to cope with the influx. More patients than beds.

This notion that infection rates are coming down and people are getting vaccinated so let's go wild, is a false and dangerous one.

Only when the pressure on the NHS is relieved and not before, should we be talking about easing restrictions. We owe them that much.

I'm not celebrating, the infection rates have come down a bit but they still remain very high when you compare it with previous peaks. Whitty has addressed some of your points in today's briefing i.e. takes 2-3 weeks for protection from vaccines to develop and likely builds more protection over time so it's not a license to mix with people again. The death rate is going to remain high for a while before it falls.

No restrictions should be lifted until the pressure on the NHS is eased and the vaccination programme has at least given all adults who can have vaccines a first dose at least. Otherwise we'll see another peak and the NHS under more pressure. NHS Staff look to be on the brink of collapsing from the sheer physical and mental effort of keeping people alive and trying to avoid becoming infected with the virus themselves. The amount of deaths they are seeing is more than anyone should be asked to bare.

I'm not celebrating, the infection rates have come down a bit but they still remain very high when you compare it with previous peaks. Whitty has addressed some of your points in today's briefing i.e. takes 2-3 weeks for protection from vaccines to develop and likely builds more protection over time so it's not a license to mix with people again. The death rate is going to remain high for a while before it falls.

No restrictions should be lifted until the pressure on the NHS is eased and the vaccination programme has at least given all adults who can have vaccines a first dose at least. Otherwise we'll see another peak and the NHS under more pressure. NHS Staff look to be on the brink of collapsing from the sheer physical and mental effort of keeping people alive and trying to avoid becoming infected with the virus themselves. The amount of deaths they are seeing is more than anyone should be asked to bare.

Just to clarify I wasn't saying you were, I was referring to the MP's you were alluding to.

It's getting off topic but I can't see them keeping all restrictions until every adult has had a first dose. That around 52 million people!

Does anyone think it's practical that all retail shops and hairdressers are closed for that length of time? Your probably looking at least until May or June!

I'm not advocating for no lockdown, but this just won't happen. Deaths go down, hospitalisations go down, lots of people vaccinated and a very gradual rollback of restrictions. Gradual being the key. But staying in lockdown until every adult has a first dose is unrealistic.

The whole point of the first dose it to cut back on hospitalisations and deaths.

But to answer the main question here. No one knows it's all conjecture.

Just to clarify I wasn't saying you were, I was referring to the MP's you were alluding to.

I just needed to vent that all out. I've been listening to the usual suspects on the Tory backbenches waffling on about easing restrictions and It just makes my blood boil. I'm starting to wonder if MP's need to be taught basic science before they are allowed to speak in the commons.

Anymore thoughts on it being yearly for everybody or just the at risk groups?

Anymore thoughts on it being yearly for everybody or just the at risk groups?

It's really really hard to say right now.

Just too many unknowns.

But I'd guess at least for a couple of years we'll all need a yearly updated booster.

But next year there might very well be other options. Vaccination by nasal spray. Even in tablet form!

It's really really hard to say right now.

Just too many unknowns.

But I'd guess at least for a couple of years we'll all need a yearly updated booster.

But next year there might very well be other options. Vaccination by nasal spray. Even in tablet form!
Yeah I did read the tablet would be taken at home I find that interesting I guess they don’t expect any side effects?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom