Will US XBox work with UK XBox Live pack?

Moray M

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

A friend of mine has asked me to put this question up on the forum as he's currently having difficulty logging into avforums from his work pc.

He would appreciate an answer ASAP, if possible, as he has an option on a US xbox that he needs to decide on within the next couple of hours.

Thanks,

Moray

despite what people may say, from personal experience the answer is no. i was told there was no lockout on the xbox live pack so i bought the uk live for my us xbox. (no worky!?!) that's what i found anyhow.
best thing to do is buy us box and then get us live kit online...

i have a US xbox and a UK live kit/account(from the trial version) i transfered my account from my UK box via a memory card it all works no problems (if it has trouble connecting run the live troubleshooter then it connects and restarts the game and runs fine) maybe it will have problems registering a UK account on a US box if that is the case registerit on a UK box then transfer via memory card?

hanks oray for posting for me, admin team have sorted my accuont out now.

Well I now have a US xbox and a UK xbox which had been registered with xbox live some time ago, subscription will expire soon, but I will try what you suggested.

One thing I can't remember is where subsciption exists. How do I renew it/check its status?

Is it affiliated with a person/email account or with a machine?

i accessed acount management and all the info was in there but to tranfer the account either try account recovery on the US box and enter the details from the account managemeNt data or transfer your account from the UK box via a memory card (also good if u need to transfer save games etc!) if the US box contains someone elses live account i would delete it and start from scratch i only did it all about a week ago and it was easy than i expected and it all works fine!
one other thing if u have uk versions of mechassault, rainbow 6 and wolfenstein they work on the us box(incase u have/were going to get them replaced for US versions)

just remembered the only problem i had was to access the account it asks u for the last 4 digits of the credit card it was registered with, i tried all my cards and non worked so i phoned the freefone live number from the website and they sorted it out, just needed to give them the relevent details etc

which website was that? that's what I can't remember!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom