• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Will tripoles work in my room? Pics attached...

Hello.

I've had the in-walls installed a few years now in what is my 'gaming room' although haven't used them for the past 12/18 months. I've recently got an amp and sub and using the system again and forgot how good it sounds for what it is.

I'm now wanting to add some more rears. I used to have some B&W M1 speakers at the rears on stands and they worked well. I foolishly sold these and they now seem to fetch crazy money.

The ones I've seen selling are around £90 a speaker and £70/80 for the stands so knocking on for £300.

This has got me thinking if a set of B&W DS6/7 dipoles or mk tripoles would work in the room. My only concern is the back left corner has a 12" x 12" section that juts out where the waste pipe is situated. I'm concerned that the rear speaker would fire in to this and ruin the sound?

My only other thought is to install in-ceilings at the rear. I don't actual sit on the sofa and sit just in front of it on a poang chair so around 4/5ft from the rears. The actually room is 7ft x 11ft.

Any thoughts on what would work best please?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 68

fayeanddavid

Distinguished Member
Or the XTZ S5 tripole configuration would work very well, and not silly money

Try them on temporary stands until you have the final position.

Mine have been a revelation for surround sound, they really do deliver a win win from the side and front

Apone

Prominent Member
Another shout out for the T101's. Excellent speaker for surround duties.

The M1's would cost the same as T101's so if you liked the M1's, then go for another set of these.

You could get 4 B&W M1's or Kef T101's for the price of a pair of M4T's.

A direct radiator works better for me in my room and I've used tripoles in the past - a pair of direct radiator surround speakers created a better 'phantom image' in my room than tripole mode.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom