Will this work ?

John_sg0107

Standard Member
Reaction score
I had sky HD installed yesterday in my bedroom. I have a large room with 2 tv's.

I am just a novice when it comes to leads and connections so I thought I would ask here before wasting money on leads I don't need.

I have my Sky HD linked up to my Panasonic PX60 by HDMI cable but I want to get an good picture on my Sony LCD S2010 so I was thinking of buying a component lead and running this from the HD box to my Sony tv. At the moment I have a scart from the HD box to the Sony tv and the quality is poor compared to the PX60 which is connected by HDMI

I will only be viewing one tv at a time so do you think this will work and give me a better picture on the Sony than a scart ?.

Thanks
John

I do not know about your Sony as to whether it is an HD screen.
But if it is then yes you can connect it with component cables and should see an improvement.

Have a look at the screen's manual to check compatability with 576p, 720p and 1080i signals through the component input. If it's relatively new you should be sorted and you'll get a great picture!
Have a look on eBay for the right length of component lead instead of buying it on the high street, you'll be amazed how cheap you can get them.....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom