1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this work????

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Asaf, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have heard several ways to power and control my 11 ceiling speakers from local suppliers but I think they are all recommending so much. One has recommended me the Sonance 250 with a pre amplifier. Then wire IR ports so I can control in other rooms. I need to ask your advice how to best solve this and still retain my budget. I really only put these ceiling speakers in for ‘background’ music.

Currently, I have installed 11 Ceiling Speakers 100volt/30watt/8 ohms/ mono along with National Volume Controllers. Basically they have Off/1/2/3. 1 Volume Controller for each speaker in each of the rooms with all wires leading back to my Home Run which is in my theatre room.

Someone has told me they are Low Impotence speakers so it has to be the right set up or I could blow my speakers. (This is when I get lost!)

I wish to power these speakers and have control over on/off, master volume and possibly CD track selections.

I have an old Bose Lifestyle (I dragged it from the states to Thailand) unit and was wondering if it was possible to use its 2 zones and FM frequency remote to help control the ceiling speakers? I presume I would need an amplifier to power the speakers (which one? Low to medium budget) and then hook this into my Bose so I could use the FM remote to control this zone.

:lease: keep in mind my real budget is going towards my home theatre. The ceiling speakers are just for ‘background’ music so I’m trying to do this as simple as possible.

Cheers,
    Asaf

2. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    anyone ??? :confused:

3. Mentally

Mentally

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With what are you going to amplify the 11 speakers? the pre isn't providing the power. You need a power amp or an integrated amp.

4. Asaf

Asaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Mentally,

Thanks for you reply. I will power the 11 speakers with this... http://www.npe.co.th/powermixer/TW-Series.html Since I live in Thailand this is the best price item to run these simple 'background' speakers.

After that is done I wanted to control them with my OLD Bose lifestyle unit... This unit was made in 1992 which was about the first one that came out but its still like new. However the remote has lost allot of its range in which I need to also find out if this can be fixed? However, the 2nd zone could be hooked up to the amplifer to run my 'background' music. Plus individual locations also have a manual volume switch if you dont have the remote handy.

Think this will work? The other option I have been looking at is using one ZP from SONUS to have a more sturdy control by remote.

Regards,
    Asaf