• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Will this work ?

twitchor

Hello,

I'm now looking to move to 7.1 as getting a denon 2312,and the mrs want's smaller speakers on the walls..

So thinking of buying Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 SE and adding them to the 1010i package I have, as funds are now running really low.

I was thinking of using the xs se's for the wall mounted ones.

Pic attached

Now I am by no means an expert so please say if it's a stupid idea.
Or if you have any other recommendations please say.

Got £800 to spend and the amp is £400

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 66

canada16uk

Hey I would use the Q acoustics for the front and the XS for the rears. Best not to cross match the fronts, and I think you will get a fuller sound from the 1010's up front, they were my first speakers and they are great.

twitchor

Hello,

Well this is where the main problem lies..

The 2 speakers that really need to be changed are the fronts.. got to agree with the mrs on this as since I have had the new tv on the wall which is a lot slimmer than the old, they do look out of place..

Just where the centre speaker is, it is recessed in the wall, so a little XS will look silly...

Hmm back to the drawing board.

Thanks

canada16uk

Doesnt the XS have a centre speaker ?

There is not a huge amount of 7.1 material out there so maybe 5.1 would be the best option.

Maybe post a pic of the livingroom so we can have a gander.

twitchor

Doesnt the XS have a centre speaker ?

There is not a huge amount of 7.1 material out there so maybe 5.1 would be the best option.

Maybe post a pic of the livingroom so we can have a gander.

Hello,

Yes the XS centre speaker is the same size as the rest.. small.

Now looking at the Tannoy HTS101, and maybe sticking to 5.1

Just don't want to downgrade in sound from the speakers just because they look out of place.

I know the 1010i system is a few years old, but even with new tec, smaller dosen't mean any better.

Will post a pic tomorrow and some room dimensions

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom