1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will This Work ??

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ivon, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Ivon

Ivon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well...had posted a short while back when i was trying to figure out whether to go Alis or not...anyways after some more reading on the forum and some googling on the web...here's what i reckon would be a great set up.

What I need help on in in pointing out if a) It will work b) Anything else which would be required and c) Better (read cost effective) alternatives :

1) Screen - Panasonic TH-42PHD7 £2.5-2.9 (HDTV discussions anyone ??) Component Board
    2) Amp- Yamaha DSP-AX750SE £399 (Video Upconversion swung it for me...reckon would not a VGA box)
    3) DVD Player/Recorder- SOny RSRHX900 £500 (Great DVD Playback..great Recording HDD or DVD)...
    4) Speakers - Mission M30 AV speaker pack £399

Plasma wall mount ??
    Interconnects ??

and yeah what would be the best way to rig the connections ??

In terms of what would be connected...me thinks it would be pretty much what most of us would be looking at

Sky +, DVD, Xbox, Camcorder and the good ole VCR.

So there you go...what do you think....

ANything out there that would pack a bigger or better punch for less ??

Look forward to the responses !!!

2. Ivon

Ivon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And yes ...the logitech/Harmony 688 remote...from what is written about it...seems to be the perfect solution to the issues regarding the Mrs and her comfort with a seperates Set up.

Anyone !!

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    If you buy the Yamaha 750 you will not need to buy a all in one remote as the Yammy remote can do it all. I have mine setup to control my cdp, dvd and tv as well as the amp.

As for connecting it all up plug everything in the back of the amp and use the upconversion to componant. So you will need componant leads and svhs leads unless your video doesnt have svhs then you will have to do a scart-svhs or if you have scart on the plasma just scart to scart. Also remember that svhs doesnt carry sound only pictures so you will need digital cables and analogue cables to connect to the amp.

The wharfedale should also be looked at as the mission sub isnt all that good.
    http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=3604

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Along with a small bucket of cables that will certainly work. Speaker wise, it's your choice, there are pros and cons to all, and those ones come without the major con of a huge price tag. I wonder if the wife will get on with either the yam or the harmony remote, but you can sort that out later. I think the Yam has only 2 component inputs? You might like 3 as you have sky, DVD and x-box. Denon and Onkyo offer this, the Onkyo 602 would be the one. It also has an independent zone 2 audio. Still does upconverting. Sky+ whilst you can connect it on s-video it seems a shame to buy this lovely plasma and not get the utmost out of the video side for the sake of just over £100 for a converter.