1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this video scaler do what I need.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hhlodge, Dec 13, 2004.

1. hhlodge

Standard Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi all,

I have an NEC LT155 projector and DVD movies are projected well for the most part on the DIY screen I made (via RGB (15 pin D-sub) from Onkyo AV receiver). I have trouble when I put regular cable TV (via VCR's tuner) or my son's Sony PS2 through the projector via RCA input as it's nornal TV 4:3 aspect ratio and over and under my screen. Will this VERY affordable video scaler on Ebay do what I need to push the TV, VCR and PS2 signals to the NEC and allow me to adjust to 16:9 to project properly to scale?

One issue I see is I have 25' cable buried in the wall that goes to my projector and it's RGB on the projector end but component on the AV receiver end. So, I'd need to get a RGB-Component adapter to hook this scaler up to that cable. Would this RGB-Component-RGB dual-conversion be a problem?