Will this Spliiter Work with a Televes MRD?

LINK

Want to feed freeview to two TV's....

Will use Televes X43 + MRD + Televes PSU, but will the splitter work properly with the MRD?.. it says it passes power through to the MRD, here is a diagram of what's happening...

aerial.jpg

J7MAN

Should do, I'd question the quality of it though. I recommend looking for a splitter made by 'Triax' though.

M

mrfreeview

LINK

Want to feed freeview to two TV's....

Will use Televes X43 + MRD + Televes PSU, but will the splitter work properly with the MRD?.. it says it passes power through to the MRD, here is a diagram of what's happening...

aerial.jpg

Provided the splitter has a DC pass through then it should work. I have used the same myself.

Just so that you are aware as you have a passive splitter, whilst it will not introduce noise onto your signal your signal will be 1/2 power out of the splitter on each of the legs...compaired with the level prior to fitting of the splitter.

So if your DVB-T is currently a "Bit low" you might just move things into an area where fade margin becomes a problem.

Also just a reminder as you are using a passive splitter it is important that you keep a 75ohm load on both legs of the splitter at all times so as not to cause reflections.....which can result in loss of signal level or quality or both!

I hope my post has been of use :)

aekostas

Also just a reminder as you are using a passive splitter it is important that you keep a 75ohm load on both legs of the splitter at all times so as not to cause reflections.....

How do you ensure that? Does this mean that you have to have both consumers switched on at all times? Thanks! :thumbsup:

Not heard about that load thing, do they teach that on them CAI courses?...., I thought instaling an aerial was not that difficult, do they also teach the best place to install an aerial so it won't get hit by lightning?...

M

mrfreeview

How do you ensure that? Does this mean that you have to have both consumers switched on at all times? Thanks! :thumbsup:

No you don't have to leave the devices powered up at all times. The internal impedance of a STB or TV etc on its aerial connection will be 75 ohms regadless.

M

mrfreeview

Not heard about that load thing, do they teach that on them CAI courses?...., I thought instaling an aerial was not that difficult, do they also teach the best place to install an aerial so it won't get hit by lightning?...

Not sure if a CAI teaches about impedance and the need to ensure that equipment it matched. I suspect they may very well just teach good practice and if you follow that then it will work correctly, without going into the theory of why you have to do certain things for it to work correctly.

I recall posting on a forum once that for a 2 way splitter that you must have a device connected onto both outputs so as to ensure a maximum power transfer, no signal reflection. Back came a post saying that I had explained why when they disconnected one device from a splitter the signal quality being reported on the other devise went down.

Splitting signals on coaxial cables is not like using a 13A three pin two way adaptor!

. Back came a post saying that I had explained why when they disconnected one device from a splitter the signal quality being reported on the other devise went down.

Splitting signals on coaxial cables is not like using a 13A three pin two way adaptor!

Hence the name "mrfreeview", was it you who installed the aerial on a church spyre...:D

aekostas

No you don't have to leave the devices powered up at all times. The internal impedance of a STB or TV etc on its aerial connection will be 75 ohms regadless.
So the unused device has to at least be in standby? I switch them off at the mains, will I have a problem?

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom