1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will this setup work? panny th42pw6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Daddy k, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    hey people. going to get the above tv from what ive read if your gona get a plasma id be wise to start here.
    now ive got free view box and dvd already both only have 1 scart :( what im wondering is could i get a 3 to 1 scart block and put dvd freeview xbox into scart then plug into plasma an reason why this wouldnt work?? or perhaps run them in to 2 2 to 1 blocks so ill have 2 scarts going to screen but means ill be able to display split screen xbox/tv for instance? if they were on the diff scart connections??
    and finally getting the sound thru al of these?????
    please help im despo to buy this asap

2. zedzed

zedzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    <warning - I'm not an expert - but here's my opinion>

No reason why what you're suggesting won't work. In fact, you can "daisy chain" your scarts assuming that your freeview and dvd player have an "in" scart. That would save you using a 3 to 1 scart block.

(Are you sure your DVD player doesn't have component out - which means you have another option - run a "component to VGA" cable from your DVD player to the VGA connector on the PW6.)

For split display you need seperate inputs, so yes, you'd need two scart boards on the plasma for this.

For advice on the best set up possible you'd really need to tell the forum what inputs and outputs you have on each device. Oh ... and some people may advise you to get a JS convertor to convert your scart(s) to component - which will (in theory) give you a better picture than Scart. There's a costs associated with that though :)

Cheers,

ZedZed