1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will This Set Up Work Bwcdm1nt+lcr60 +600s3

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mick23, May 28, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    WENT TO SEVEN OAKS AND AUDITIONED MISSION M51 KEF Q1 BW 601S3 WITH DENON 3802 HEARD ALL THESE AND LIKED 601S THEN HEARD THE MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE CDM1NT WHICH WERE GOOD I WAS THINKING OF CDM AS FRONTS LCR60 AS CENTER 600S3 AS REARS AS BUDGET CANNOT STRETCH TO THE CDM PACKAGE AND FRONT CENTER IS VERY LARGE WOULD THESE MATCH OK MAINLY FOR STERIO USE AV NOW AND THEN THANK YOU

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    They should match fairly well as they are all B&W speakers. As your only using them occasionally for AV then there shouldnt be too much of a problem, you could always upgrade the centre speaker at a later date if you want better matching.

3. Patrick vdb

Patrick vdb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Normally I would suggest using identical speakers in the complete set-up but because your system is mostly used for stereo some good fronts will have the priority over the surround. However using the LCR60 as a centre-speaker with the CDM-1NT is a bit too much compromising. Why not use the 602s3 (or even the 603s3, 604s3) as fronts together with the LCR60 as center and 601's as surround? I find the CDM-1NT much to refined compared to the 600 series.

bg,

Patrick

4. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for reply i wanted to use the cdm1nt as fronts as i am restricted for space either side of tv and as the bw speakers are not shielded i will have a job to fit floorstanders in the the correct position in relation to the tv for av use the cdm center is very large i have not got space to fit it , i would have liked the cdm rears but as the are £750 a pair budget would not permit this, anyhow ive ordered the above will have to see what it sounds like for av

5. Patrick vdb

Patrick vdb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mick

I was not aware that you already ordered the speakers so I'm sorry if my reply sounded to negative.

Congrats with your CDM-1NT's. I'm sure you will enjoy them using as frontspeakers because they are great speakers. Maybe that the combination of the 600-series and the CDM-1NT will distord your soundfield in just the details (both speakers have the typicall B&W character) but that's up to you to hear (and to consider it as a negative aspect or maybe you don't). First enjoy your speakers as I'm sure you will and if you consider an upgrade in the future then de center of the CDM-NT serie is the way to go.

Best regards

Patrick