will this computer play the latest games?

on the motherboard I was told about
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
it says 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
so would the corsair txm 650 you sent me work with it as it says its an ATX on the description
not sure about the EATX bit

I've said already, every single psu you buy today will have the 24pin for the motherboard.

Not sure why I bother giving advice as people ignore it :laugh:

I'm not talking out of my arse.

Last edited:
Tbf Jay, if it's his first build (which it seems to be) he will be double & triple checking everything before he commits as it can be a bit bewildering with all the terminoligy. I know it was for me the first time I did it. I'm sure he's listened as he's been given solid advice throughout the thread:)

Also Ryan, I know you say you won't be overclocking but those boards will do an auto-clock for you which is a bit of a no brainer really. I used it on mine (& never took it off) with this cooler which is great for the money:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002G392...de=asn&creative=22242&creativeASIN=B002G392ZI

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Tbf Jay, if it's his first build (which it seems to be) he will be double & triple checking everything before he commits as it can be a bit bewildering with all the terminoligy. I know it was for me the first time I did it. I'm sure he's listened as he's been given solid advice throughout the thread:)

That's a fair point.

Nothing wrong with checking things before buying and making sure things are compatible.

My (maybe smart arse) comment was because I had already told him previously.

A psu from corsair etc will come with all the connectors you need.

Things like 8 pin eps and 24 pin atx will come with every psu you buy today.

And obviously you'll get all your molex connectors, sata, peripheral etc.

The one thing you need to look at is pci-e connectors, but to be honest if you buy a big enough psu you'll get enough pci-e connectors to run 2 high end cards.

High end psus will come with two 8 pin eps connectors as opposed to one, as some boards like the evga ftw have 2 8 pin power connections on the board.

Most psus are rebranded anyway, corsair do not make their own psus, they use a few different manufacturers, cwt, seasonic etc

Why I generally choose corsair is down to the customer service and warranty, as opposed to other brands.

Last edited:
hi i am looking to do a similar build to you with these components, could you tell me if anything is not compatible? (first time build as well)
coolermaster enforcer case
Core i5 2500k
Asus p8z68v pro/gen3
8gb corsair vengeance
corsair tx650 psu
1tb seagate hdd
1x samsung blu ray drive sata
gunna buy gpu and ssd next week when i get paid.

Just bought the asus p8z68v pro/gen 3 and a retail boxed 2500k. One thing i came across when looking through a forum was it said if you use ram which is above 1.5v and clocked at more than 1333MHz then it voids your cpu, can anyone confirm this. Cheers

Just bought the asus p8z68v pro/gen 3 and a retail boxed 2500k. One thing i came across when looking through a forum was it said if you use ram which is above 1.5v and clocked at more than 1333MHz then it voids your cpu, can anyone confirm this. Cheers
Quite simply it's a load of crap and couldn't more wrong - what you read, nothing else :)

RUBBISH!

Sandy Bridge is made for 1.5V ram though, so try and get that.

Some Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz @ 1.5V will do you, whether you get the 'Low Profile' or 'Jedward' heatsinks is entirely up to you! :D

Just FYI, I have the 'Jedward' heatsinks on my RAM, and one of them fell off (onto my GPU!! :mad:), and it is now resting on the bottom of my case. Also, I can't use RAM Slot 1, because my cooler is in the way! :mad:

With that heatsink off, it has made no difference to how my PC runs though :/

Last edited:
hi i am looking to do a similar build to you with these components, could you tell me if anything is not compatible? (first time build as well)
Core i5 2500k
Asus p8z68v pro/gen3
8gb corsair vengeance
corsair tx650 psu
1tb seagate hdd

FIne mate, no problems.
What gpu/ssd you looking at?

Core i5 2500k
Asus p8z68v pro/gen3
8gb corsair vengeance
corsair tx650 psu
1tb seagate hdd

Like bigtruck said thats all fine, but dont forget you'll want an aftermarket cooler for that i5 if you want any sort of clock from it.

FIne mate, no problems.
What gpu/ssd you looking at?

gpu- gtx 570
ssd- will have to do some research first.
And same as ryan i dont plan to overclock at the moment just play games and do uni work

gpu- gtx 570
ssd- will have to do some research first.
And same as ryan i dont plan to overclock at the moment just play games and do uni work

if i were you i'd consider an amd card, as the cheaper 570's have a pretty low vram and by the time you get to the 2.5gb cards for the price you could have a better card from the red side.

Ok so got the parts today and assembled it and everything is working, but there is a green light on next to TPU switch I have read the manual and it's some sort of automatic over clock, so could anyone tell me if I should have the green led on or off with a stock heatsink etc. Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom