Will this cable be OK?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by AlfaKhan, Sep 5, 2001.

1. AlfaKhan

AlfaKhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I've purchased a specified dedicated length, 3RCA to 3RCA cable from Keene Electronics (Excellent and fast service, by the way).

I need the cable to connect a DVD player to a projector through the Component (Y,Cb,Cr) terminals.

I thought no special requirements existed for this kind of cable. However, upon arrival, I noticed that not all 3 cables are the same diameter, one being thicker than the other 2. <br />(My mistake, as this is surelly intended for 1 Video/2 Audio connections.

Can I still use it or will this be a problem for this kind of connection?

Txs for any replies.

HB

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    There will be cable experts pulling their hair out on this one. The purists will say not. But have seen bell wire used for video applications and it gave a supurb picture. IMHO if you can send it back do so if not try it.

I would at he very least use the thickest cable to run the Y / G section. and the thiner to cope with the red and blue.<br />

You don't say how long the cable is but because it's to a projector I'm guessing it more than 2m which you really sould have a good quality 75ohm cable.

RCA is an audio connection mr manufacturers. there are no TRUE 75 ohm RCA connectors.

3. Mark Grant

Mark Grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276