Question Will these work together nicely?

RetiredNotExpired

Novice Member
I want to get a Sonos Playbase with 2 x Play:1 speakers to use with a TV and bluray player.

The TV is a Panasonic 50" plasma TX-P50VT50B (which is about 6 years old)
Bluray is Sony BDP-S790

I presume I'd connect the Sonos to the TV via the optical cable and the bluray to the tv via HDMI

The TV manual shows connecting digital audio out/optical to amplifier with speaker system. Daft question, but am I correct to assume it will deal with the soundbase just the same?

Am I going to lose any sound quality/effects from the bluray using HDMI to connect it?

Or am I getting myself in a pickle over nothing? (Be kind to me, I know these are basic questions but I'm being a pathetically confused old lady about it ;))

Screen-Shot-2018-12-05-at-19.31.12.png

Screen-Shot-2018-12-05-at-19.31.42.png

zeppelino

Distinguished Member
It’ll all be fine. Just ensure you turn off the in built speakers once the base is connected

RetiredNotExpired

Novice Member
It’ll all be fine. Just ensure you turn off the in built speakers once the base is connected

Thank you! :)
I was getting in such a mess worrying about dolby/dts/5.1. (My husband will never forgive me if this new system isn't as good as I've told him it will be ;))

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom