• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will these speakers work with my soon-to-arrive Panny TH42PX70?

jameshardy89

Standard Member
Hi.

I've just ordered a Panny TH42PX70, and it should arrive sometime next week.

In the meantime, I've been browsing around for a modest surround system that'd work with the tv.

Currently, my old TV came with a sort of in-build Dolby Digital Pro Logic, with sound outputs for a centre, right, and left speaker, all of which came with the set when I bought it way back when. The output is hifi, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, but DVD player and V+ box both have optical audio outputs as well as HDMI outputs, but I was wondering whether a standard HDMI cable would transfer audio well enough, without having to use the optical? Is the sound transmission through HDMI digital?

Sorry for being such a newbie.

kjt2004

Established Member
My guess is that that system will accept a 3.5mm headphone input.

Therefore you could use the headphone socket on your TV to transfer

Remmeber though by not using HDMI/optical you wont be getting 5.1 etc

regards

un1eash

Distinguished Member
If your source is the TV you wont be able to get full 5.1 DD only prologic as the tv will only output stereo sound.

chrispeters

Established Member
i actually use these for my 42PX70....

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=417157

They sound Great(for the price)...no optical though...but the Amp does a great job of turning the stereo sound(from the phonos at the back of the tv) into a processed surround sound !
Also you get the advantage of the viera link...1 remote does all feature...works really well !!
But the major downside is no optical....but thay really cheap too...so ruff with the smooth and all that....my 2 cents worth.....:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom