• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will these Speakers/Amp/Sub/Projector work? Help!

R33BAZ

Standard Member
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and really after some good advice with regards to my home cinema set up.

The kit i have at the moment which isnt installed is -

Optoma HD 200x Projector (1080p)
Sky HD
Sony PS3
Onkyo TX-SR605 7.1 HDMI Receiver
KEF Q35.2 Floorstanders
KEF Cresta 1 Bookshelf Speakers
KEF Coda 80 Centre
Mordaunt Short MSW20 Subwoofer

Now,

The plan was originally, to have the Cresta and Coda built into the wall where the fixed projector screen would be. These would sit on boxes as such so still some room around, but on rubber pads to stop vibration

The Floorstanders were going to be my rears.

Then i changed my mind, and decided to have the Q35.2's as the fronts, just sitting on the floor, the Coda 80 as the centre and use the Cresta as Rears on Brackets in ceiling corners.

I have just been reading a bit about Warm/Bright combinations and i may have gone wrong.

Is Onkyo/Kef going to sound okay?

I really want to hear some good bass, thats why i bought the Mordaunt sub but i want to ensure the speakers i have are good enough.

I may sell the ones i have and buy better ones if they are going to be needed?

Any advice would be great guys.

What bookshelves should i use?

Will the floorstanders sound okay as they werent the most expensive set but appear to get good reviews?

Thanks in advance

Barry

Last edited:

R33BAZ

Standard Member
If the opinion is that the Cresta's are not good enough to use in this system, what would be the best option out of these -

Richer Sounds
£249.95 Dali Lektor 2 Bookshelf
£299.95 Mordaunt Short Aviano 2
£199.95 Wharfdale Diamond 10.1
£199.95 Mordaunt Short Aviano 1
£119.95 Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom