1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will these rears match my system? Help needed asap

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Nixon, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Nixon

Nixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey will these speakers match my system in sound:

MISSION M7DS Bipolar Rear Surround Speakers

I have a pair of Ditton 44's (very big 80's speakers) and a tannoy mXc Centre.

Thanks. Jack.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Yeah, they should be fine for movies, but not so good for DVD audio/SACD. That's because they are dipole rather than regular bookshelf designs. The Missions are pretty neutral sounding and integrate well with most speakers. Use with confidence.

Where I see a problem with integration is the Tannoy and the Dittons upfront, but that's another story.......;)

3. Nixon

Nixon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why? Do you think the tannoy is unsuitable? I know it's not as robust but it doesn't sound too bad when I put it on surround for a bit (even without rears!). I'll prolly upgrade later, I got a good price for it, thats why I bought it (£50). Any insight would be appreciated. Oh yeah, i didn't get the bipolars, got too expencive in the end (£114), you can buy them new for 130.

4. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    In a perfect world you would have three identical speakers across the front soundstage so that when voices and other sounds panned across the screen there would be no noticeable changes in the sound.

Not all speakers sound the same and with some combinations the missmatch can jar so care has to be taken if selecting a centre from a different manufacturer's range. I have no idea how well a Tannoy centre matches Celestion speakers tonally but if you are happy with the sound that is ultimately all that matters.