• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will these Klipsch speakers match?

Freeco

Standard Member
We're redecorating our living room soon, so I'll need to replace my 15 year old (cheap, bought on a student budget) beach Jamo speakers by something else.
The 3 front speakers can now be built in-wall, and I'd like to integrate the sub as well. The 2 rears need to be pretty compact and hung on the wall.
And I'm still on a pretty low budget. I don't want to spend thousands here... We don't watch television all that much, and I have a dedicated hometheater at the 2nd floor :smashin:

I've changed my mind a couple of times lately, but for the moment I'm thinking of this combination. Would these match up?
* 3x Klipsch R-5502-W in-wall LCR
* 2x Klipsch RS-41 II surrounds
* 1x B&W ASW608 compact 8" sub

The front of the sub is perfectly square, so should be easy to mount into the wall. And I don't need too many power, so 8"/200W is enough for me. The current sub is only 8"/70W and I'm more that happy with it.
The reason why I'm looking at Klipsch is because I've owned 2 Jamo sets and was happy with them. Jamo is part of the Klipsch Group, and Klipsch should be higher grade compared to Jamo. So Klipsch seems a logical step up for me... Especially the design of the surround speakers interest me. Compared to regular bookshelf speakers I think these will better blend in, and my wife will be less irritated with them ;)

ps: you might have noticed that I'm refering to the discontinued R-5502-W's, not the R-5502-W II's. That's because I've found a webshop selling the older version for €200 a peace, while the newer speakers go for at least €300. I don't think the price difference is worth it, but I might be wrong??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom