will there ever be one ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Turb007, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Turb007

Turb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +682
    Hi

Ive been wanting a dvd/hdd recorder for some time and some of the units on the market really have what i want already except one thing ....dvd-audio.

how hard can it be to put a dvd-a decoder in one of the the already feature rich boxes?

I fancied one of the new Pioneers dvdr 220 or 320 but again its not in the spec. :(

I really dont want 2 units one for dvd-a one for recording/playback if poss

Turb007

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    I assume you mean multi-channel DVD-Audio? All the current Panasonic DVD recorders can play two channel DVD-Audio. Panasonic announced last year that the top-of-the-range HDD/DVD recorder would have full multi-channel DVD-Audio - but it hasn't happened yet. So will have to wait until next year :(

3. Turb007

Turb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +682
    yep i did mean multi channel dvd-a so i guess i'll just have to keep deleting my sky + recordings until a decent "universal" dvd recorder turns up :(

on the upside everything is repeated so much on sat that its no real loss :D

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,676
    Just as an update the Panasonic E500 that will be appearing either December this year or very early next year will feature DVD-Audio 5.1 as well as a 250GB HDD, ethernet port and all the features of the E95. The big question is will it have a DVB tuner?