1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will there be a 12" BK XLS?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by linnite, Nov 17, 2004.

1. linnite

linnite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I am likely to be buying a BK sub soon as I like the design criteria (i.e goes quite low, sealed box design), the views on here seem positive and it has a good price/performance ratio - can't justify buying something more expensive like a Linn Sizmik.

Thing is, I would be gutted if BK brought out a big brother in the near future as I would expect it would produce the same only more so.

So, does anyone have any inside info? :lease:

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    If anyone was privy to BK's plans for the future they would hardly be likely to post it here in a public forum.

Why not telephone Tom Pearce at BK and ask him as he is a very approachable chap.

My own guess is that they are unlikely to sell something larger as it would have a much more limited mass market appeal but I have been known to be wrong in the past. :)

3. MuFu

MuFu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I heard something a while ago about a Lab 12 + 300W panel combo - a "son of Q100E". Sounds quite promising, assuming they can keep the price down (which they should be able to do, given the component costs and their B2C model).

No idea whether they followed through with it though... to be honest, they might be wise to concentrate on the XLS200 since it's pretty untouchable for the size/price.