Will the wall mount height need to change for a bigger TV?

Syphon

Hi all,

Currently got a 50" plasma mounted with the centre of the TV at eye level. At some point later this year (hopefully!) we will be upgrading to a bigger size, min "65, but hopefully 75".

I did a silly GIF for another thread to show what I'm after :)

view

This may be a silly question and maybe the animation above answers it, but will the larger TV fitted to the mount at the same height, retain the central viewing position and just scale outwardly from the centre, or is the mount likely to need adjusting? Do all TV's have their mounting holes central on the back?

Cheers :)

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
No, not all TV mounts are central, height-wise. (See other threads complaining about them being low down on rear from some marques).

Specs/brochures/manuals downloads and retail sales staff can help determine such info for the short-list of TVs you are considering.

IF it's a deal-breaker.
It's nearly always possible to make new fixing holes, even in hollow plasterboard walls there are solutions like the GripIt fixings.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
It also depends on your mount. Mine has lots of scope for adjustment depending on which holes are used.
For example this is similar to mine.
products_9746_um102m_1.jpg

Syphon

Thanks both for your advice.

The current mount is quite far off the wall and doesn't appear to have any adjustments available.

We are having a new kitchen fitted which is on the other side of the wall. It requires new wiring which means the living room ceiling coming down so going to take the opportunity to ask them to fit some ceiling speakers, hide the TV wiring behind the wall and fit a new mount.

It sounds like an adjustable height mount like yours @Jamie will future proof the TV upgrade if I fit it now. Presumably the TV just gets moved up and down to the holes that are at the right level.

Would you mind letting me know which one you have please?

Cheers.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Mine was a generic one I bought at least 15 years ago. It's outlasted 4 or 5 TVs.

Syphon

Jamie

Distinguished Member
That looks well fancy compared to mine, I like the tilting up to access the connections though, I can release the latch on mine but it means the TV is just hooked on at the top potentially making it an iffy exercise.

Syphon

Has good sideways movement according to the reviews which makes it easier to fit to a stud wall (which I have).

As long as it will do for the TV we have now and then allow me to fit a bigger TV at a different height if required (which it looks like it will?) should be sorted. 🙂

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom