Will the value of the Dollar tumble now that the 700BN rescue plan has been rejected?

Kieron

Distinguished Member
As I'll be on holiday soon - good time to buy US Dollars?

Kieron

Distinguished Member
In fact, looking at xe.com the dollar is indeed crashing.....

loz

Distinguished Member
I was going to buy my USD in about 4 weeks, but is it worth me doing it now then?

Thanks

In about 4 weeks time, it might be all over.
Economy in ruins, airlines and travel industry collapsed, hyper inflation making your $100 bills worth a 1p.
And that's just the good news.... :eek::devil:

D

Deleted member 30535

I'm off the the US on Saturday for a week. Great timing! :D

jarraman

I find it rather sad,that all some people seem interested in are a few cheap DVDs and a bottle of beer.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
I find it rather sad,that all some people seem interested in are a few cheap DVDs and a bottle of beer.

Who mentioned DVD's and beer?

I have a family holiday coming up. 3 kids, 2 adults. Disney is expensive enough. A swing in our favour is most welcome.

It's called taking advantage of the situation. I work 11.5 months of the year to be put a roof over our heads, we get 2 weeks together to have a family holiday. A few extra dollars will give my children an extra day out or two.

In future don't be so presumptuous.

Ian J

Banned

It's only supposed to be the mods in General Chat that don't have a sense of humour.

PS I'm off to Spain shortly so I'm hoping that the Euro plunges so that I can afford more bottles of Spanish beer :D

Adam Shaw

PS I'm off to Spain shortly so I'm hoping that the Euro plunges so that I can afford more bottles of Spanish beer :D

And a stuffed toy donkey, you need one of them!

I'll be sampling some Spanish beer this weekend, might check the Euro rates later.

andykn

It's only supposed to be the mods in General Chat that don't have a sense of humour.

You're much better of then, than poor old Kieron stuck with Duff beer in the US. But, unless you're in to Almodovar, he's probably got the edge on DVDs.

Bilbob

Says the bloke with a sig like that :rotfl::smashin:

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
In about 4 weeks time, it might be all over.
Economy in ruins, airlines and travel industry collapsed, hyper inflation making your $100 bills worth a 1p.
And that's just the good news.... :eek::devil:

oh dear, that bad? :suicide:

jarraman

I have a family holiday coming up. 3 kids, 2 adults. Disney is expensive enough. A swing in our favour is most welcome.

It's called taking advantage of the situation. I work 11.5 months of the year to be put a roof over our heads, we get 2 weeks together to have a family holiday. A few extra dollars will give my children an extra day out or two.

Ok Keiron wont be presumptious,or will try not be. In your case you deserve a break and I hope you have a great time.

Synax_Injector

Err, same as Kieron...I'm off on a family holiday to florida and doing disney etc, you not seen the prices of food etc in the park?

jarraman

Ian their is a good thread in their somewere,Beer that is.

Dont settle for the Sammy Miguel,go for the draft stuff its far better.

jarraman

Says the bloke with a sig like that :rotfl::smashin:

:beer: :confused: Err bought all my stuff when prices were high, Hope everyone going on holiday really enjoys themselves.

I wasn't having a go at you people,but I could not gloat over someones misfortune,not that you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ojustabo

I'm off to Disneyworld soon.

Trouble is, everything soon adds up.

$200 for my family to go to Mickeys Halloween night or $280 (+ tax) to go to Universal (which does look a lot better though).

Already got unlimited 14 day passes to both Disney and Universal. Will probably give the Halloween a miss.

I brought our travellers cheques last year when it was a fraction under $2 for £1. Glad I did.

Still have some cash to get plus my teenagers have theirs to get. I'm hoping some mad panic sets in and the dollar price crashes, just for 1 day will do me.

On the plus side, if I don't spend all the travellers cheques (very doubtful but you never know), I currently stand to make when I exchange them back.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022