1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the sky engineer? install extra cabling

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by andycarmi, Jan 28, 2005.

1. andycarmi

andycarmi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Getting sky+ installed on monday. The problem is we have just moved into the house and to put it frankly its a right mess at the moment with lots of building work going on.

The only place we can watch tv at the moment is in the spare bedroom, so i wanted to know if the sky engineer will wire it up there for now but also put the cableing into the lounge down stairs so when we finish painting and building work down there i can just connect the box up????

Cheers Andy

2. docb

docb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had the same problem, we had to wait until the TV was where it was going to stay before they would put the cable in.
    Apparently they need to tune the box to your TV, and at the same time check the cable has no faults.
    They will also need you to have a connection to the phone line for Sky+.

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    It depends on the engineer, mine run a huge length of cable so if I wanted it to go to any room in my house it would, but I was charged for the extra cable beyond 10 m per metre.

4. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I wasn't charged for the extra phone cable. I've still got loads rolled up behind the TV.