Will the Roadster 2 be cheaper?

Discussion in 'Hybrid, PHEV & EV Electric Cars Forum' started by RedRapture, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. RedRapture

RedRapture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a 21 year old Uk

I was considering get an Electric car in 2018 as I have in 20’54 Corsa but I could wait 10 years for an electric car & buy a BMW Z4 & rum Z4 for ten years.

I was considering getting an electric car preferably Tesla 2 seater Roadster or 2 seater Car

Reason for an electric car as an approved Electrician I was considering installing solar panels on my house & using free electricity to use as fuel.

Any ideas would be great & should I have will power & wait a couple more years?

& what are the advantages & disadvantages, on having an electric car & using your own electricity for fuel?

I know how smooth they drive :)

2. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +992
    ^ You could get a 'free' Next gen roadster from Tesla.....If you can persuaded 50 people to buy a new Model S/X now using a referal code :)

https://jalopnik.com/tesla-is-offering-people-a-free-next-generation-roadste-1796866266

But more seriously, the Next gene roadster isn' due probably till 2025+, and it'll cost ALOT, Porsche Cayman money at least but more likely 911 pricing - £70K+ in 2025 buy the time you take into account inflation.

The current roadsters are already appreciating, a few years ago you could get one for £40Kish they are now easily £60K+...if you can even find one that is. I looked at them back in 2015, if it wasn't knowing we would start a family soon I would have bought one. Their value is only going one way.

Probably the cheapest way into a 2 seater would be a conversion of a current 2 seater.....If your skilled enough you could probably have a crack at a conversion your self!!

Electric Porsche 911 | Fully Charged

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,540
    If you have a standard EV charger, you will still use electricity from the grid.
    There is only one charger which uses surplus solar power to charge the car, potentially charging it for free.
    Zappi smart EV charger introduction,...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,010
    As we now know, the estimated cost is $200,000.

Cheaper than a Koenigsegg Agera at $2.1 Million.

5. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +992
    Anyone serious about getting a roadster 2.0 need to put a deposit down now as I suspect the production run will be slow and pre orders already building.

UK pricing is £190k before options. You need to pay a £38k refundable deposit, initial £4k payable on card rest via bank transfer which will secure your place in the queue....not that I've tried to do very clever man maths to see if its at all affordable in any way....sadly its not and unlikely to be ever :(.

[​IMG]

6. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41,700
    The deposit is more than I would pay for a car :D Which doesn't mean I'm dissing it in any way :smashin:

7. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +992
    The deposit is probably around what a decent spec Model 3 will cost.....still judging by how often many people change their Teslas there are plenty of people who have the cash to splash.

8. 494930

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,076
    Seen this clip today
    Twitter

Holy sh*t that things fast.

9. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +992
    It should be fast is going to be the fastest production car EVER!!! So £190k relative speaking is a bargin for the quickest thing with 4 wheels you can buy....

10. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41,700
    Fastest or quickest or both?

11. gangzoom

gangzoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +992
    Who knows what the 'P' version will do if the base car will get to 100 in 4 seconds and 250mph+. I doubt a F1 car could out drag the P version to 100mph.

The numbers involved are nuts, your looking at sustained 1g+ acceleration to way past 100 mph, as in itll accelerate quicker on the ground compared to been dropped out of a plane!! There is literally nothing else you can buy that will deliver that kind of power. On paper it makes the P85D Ive driven a few times look like a Micra, and that thing gave me a headache after 3 hard launches.

I really really really don't want to test one, as I know the likely outcome, might involve selling the house to fund one :).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  12. IronGiant

IronGiant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41,700
    That's a "like" funny :D