• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Will the Panasonic TH37PX80 replacement have freesat built in?

armarni

The only reason I'm holdig off from buying one of these is thinking that the replacement that they'll announce in february will have this. What's everyones considered opinion on this? They have to differentiate the 2009 model from the 2008 and this feature might trickle down from the higher end models that carried it this year? Japan have already announced a 37" model so I'm assuming that they'll continue to market one here.

un1eash

Distinguished Member
I doult it as they've only just released freesat this year, if they do a 37" i doult it'll be a lower spec PX but from what ive heard these are the new range...

Panasonic USA Pressroom

alsina

Novice Member
The only reason I'm holdig off from buying one of these is thinking that the replacement that they'll announce in february will have this. What's everyones considered opinion on this? They have to differentiate the 2009 model from the 2008 and this feature might trickle down from the higher end models that carried it this year? Japan have already announced a 37" model so I'm assuming that they'll continue to market one here.

Let's hope the '37PX90' does come here. As for Freesat, then no, it won't have it built in, as Freesat is pushing HD services so a Full HD screen is pretty much essential for it to make sense.

SteveTDCI

I couldn't wait so got the PX80, i couldn't take the risk that there wasn't going to be a new plasma 37" what with the LCD version

choddo2006

Novice Member
Let's hope the '37PX90' does come here. As for Freesat, then no, it won't have it built in, as Freesat is pushing HD services so a Full HD screen is pretty much essential for it to make sense.

I don't agree, but they might not include it in order to differentiate their product line - if the cheapest screen had it, it might tempt people who are trying to do HDTV on a budget away from the next gen PZ81.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom