• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will the Panasonic BD80 play media from an external hard drive?

makthedon

Established Member
Can I listen to music and view pics and vids from an external Hard drive on my plasma via the BD80 usb port?

I'm thinking of buying an external hard drive as I have the opportunity of >250gb of music and need somewhere to store it and would like to play it on the plasma.

Anyone use the BD80 in this way?

Thanks.

confused88

Established Member
My dvd player doesn't recognize my external HDD but has no problems with files stored on a flash drive that are smaller than 1GB each. Given that you want to listen to music and view pics an 8GB flash drive would suffice.

makthedon

Established Member
Thanks Confused.

I'm happy to use an 8gb stick, but would really like it if there was a compatible high capacity external hard drive out there - I guess I just need to buy some kind of media player as i want a unit that will sit on the tv stand all the time and we can use as a media source permanantly which holds movies, music and pics.

I just want to buy a cheaper hard drive and not have the cost of buying a media player aswell.

Ian_S

Distinguished Member
Have you looked at the LG 390?? I think it does most of what you request. The biggest minus vs. the Panasonic would probably be if you have a lot of R1 DVD's. The Panasonic players can output 1080p/24 from NTSC film based DVDs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom