Will the new SKY HD box have better sound?

B

beolab

Will more channels be available in Dolby Digital and will it have better 5.1 sound

the sound will be awesome and it will be used as a major selling point. it will have to be pplayed through a good sound system of course.

gb--

Are there any specs or more information anywhere, what will make the difference, the box or the broadcast?

Dolby Digital is the default format for HD but of course that doesn't always mean 5.1 audio:)

I am not sure how you mean "better 5.1"?

The standard DD5.1 format has various bitrates which 384/448kbps are the most often used, 640kbps is possible and used I think on some consoles.

There are new audio formats which vastly expand upon the well established DD5.1 format but these won't be used on broadcast sources they are being developed for pre-recorded media.

im hoping all HD films will be broadcast in their natural 5.1 states, extra nice would be if they do DTS too...heh....6.1 at that ;-)

otherwise why pay for HD, no point having HD picture with Dolby Pro Logic, kinda defeats the object in my opinion...lol

normal TV shows tho will still be Pro Logic at best for the most part, altho its possible i guess that some will be in DD5.1....i'm sure i've seen some TV shows on DVD in 5.1...

In the US the default audio format for HD is DD, all US genre shows that SKY1 has access to in native HD will have DD soundtracks.

The amount of non native DD programming might depend upon how much of any channel is upconverted content compared to native HD, too early to tell:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom