1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the AVR200 support 192/24 on it's analogue inputs?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by hi_robb, Nov 10, 2004.

1. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

I'm auditioning an Arcam Avr200 this evening with a view to swapping for my Pioneer ax3i. When I bought the pioneer I didn't realise I listened to about 95% music 5% films. The Pioneer is great for films but I find it a little to bright and clinical for music.

Everywhere I look I see that the Arcam is way better for music, + the fact I have an Arcam dv89 as my cd player, I'm hoping the Avr200 will be a better match.

I have a few questions bugging me though.

The dv89 will output a 192/24 signal on dvd audio, I can't seem to find any information on the Avr200 being able to handle this signal, will cope with no loss of detail?

All the info I can find appears to say it will not do it.

Or, am I barking up the wrong tree so to speak?

2ndly, I've read that the digital ins on the Arcam are not assignable. E.g, I can't assign optical 1 to sat rather than tape for example. However, I've also seen somewhere that models which were recently produced, do allow this?

Which of the above is actually true?

And lastly, I have a sat / sub speaker config, I've also read that the Avr200 when used in stereo will not output to the sub, is this true. If it is then there's no point in me even contimplating the swap as I'll lose the bass on music.

Many thanks in advance.

Dave

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll have to double check this stuff because i'm presuming the AVR200 is similar to AVR250/300 in operation!

You can assign digital inputs but you have to turn the other assignment away from the one you want it to be before it becomes an option!
    The signal goes almost directly to the amplifiers only passing the volume control so it doesn't need to be able to process anything so yes it will handle full resoloution DVD audio (If you can find a disc with that quality!)
    You tell the unit if you want to use the sub in stereo it's a menu option.

3. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks m8 :)

dave

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    The digital inputs can only be assignable if you have one of the latter models with the latest software (factory set, not upgradeable).

Plus you'll get the funky CR80 remote too.:)