Will Sky/Sky+ remote control a Panasonic/Toshiba plasma

Cant see any reason why not, my son can turn my plasma off from upstairs with remotes sender thingy :mad: just a normal remote for a 20" Panasonic TV.

But if you have a plasma you may need to do some nifty switching using macros, get a Philips pronto And docking station cost about £180.

I already have a Pronto, but as I watch Sky 99% of the time, I would like to be able to do basic things with the Sky remote..

THanks for the info.. If a normal Panasonic remote can control it, then I think its very likely that the Sky remote will.

But I am sure that someone out there with a Panasonic/Tohsiba plamsa must have Sky and could answer this question

Jon

I'll dig out my sky+ book and look for the panasonic code and try it later ...

J

Jon

Use your pronto to do a basic Sky+ screen to your spec.

Jon

Yes you can use the sky+ remote to switch the plasma on and off (code 0051) but you can't switch between inputs with it ... it should do volume if speakers are attached and sound is going in ...

I was going to dust off the old pronto manual and try to write some scripts if you fancy giving me a hand ...

rgds

J

I was going to dust off the old pronto manual and try to write some scripts if you fancy giving me a hand ...

Jont,

I have Pronto codes for input switching buttons - if thats your problem - you do have to go about it in a roundabout way because as you probably know, the panny remote only has a single button for PC input and a toggle button to change inputs for the others, but you can do it.

Let me know if you want details.

Its got nothing to do with the Pronto.. Codes and screen design is not hte problem.

Its just a fact that for watching 'normal' TV I use the Sky remote, as it has phyiscal rubber buttons which the Pronto doesn't have.

The Pronto is good at most things, but it can't replace a good old fashioned remote control under certain circumstances.

With the Sky remote, you constantly use the cursors and channel numbers and the Pronto just isn't the same.

I just wanted to find out whether the Panasonic or Toshiba codes on the Sky(+) remote would allow it to control the basic controls on the Plamsa.

Anyway, its not a problem now, as since I have discovered that a Plamsa can't auto-switch widescreen modes, its off my shopping list for now!

Originally posted by jont
Jon

Yes you can use the sky+ remote to switch the plasma on and off (code 0051) but you can't switch between inputs with it ... it should do volume if speakers are attached and sound is going in ...

rgds

J

Well actually you CAN switch between inputs on a Panasonic plasma using the Sky remote. I just set mine up after reading this thread. The HELP button switches between inputs on my Panasonic TH-PHW50BX. Can't change the aspect though.

The 'help' button seens to be the common button used to change input (its does this on my Sony, Panasonic and Goodmans portable).

What did surprise me is that the 'aspect' button for my 36" Phlips is actually the 'play' button on the Sky+ remote, so its possible that this will be the case for the Panasonic (although, I doubt it).

I have also found that one of the 'fasttext' buttons (red, green, blue and yellow) is often used for 'aspect' switching.

Thanks for the info.

Oh .. guess I didn't press enough buttons !!

good to know though ...

J

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom