Will sky + box still work.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ohhnoo, Feb 12, 2009.

1. ohhnoo

ohhnoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Getting sky+ hd installed shortly and plan to put the old sky+box in another room but will it still record when only using it for the freeveiw channels. I currently I have a standard sky box there at the moment so I was going to add another sat cable as there is one spare on the lnb.

2. SkyVanMan

SkyVanMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Dont bother running another cable as it wont work without sky+ subs. Sell it, or to get it working have multiroom.

3. ohhnoo

ohhnoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :hiya:skyVanman
    Suspected that may be the case, I thought it may work if I got another viewing card and had it activated and left the phone line unplugged as I did with my original sky box but I guess not.

Dont really want to pay for multiroom as Ive only just convinced the wife we needed HD:rolleyes:. Will the Sky engineer fit a new dish/lnb cableing etc when he installs HD. If yes how many outlets will there be, my old one has 4 but I think I read the new ones have 8. This would give me the option to run freesat in the bedrooms kitchen etc,rather than using the aerial.

As I guess you're a sky engineer is there any difference between the sky HD box manufacturers, I read on this forum the ones to have are pace and samsung and amstrad and particually thompson should be avoided.

4. SkyVanMan

SkyVanMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    If your system is pretty fresh then all is the same, the octo lnb's are used for more then 4 feeds, as it has 8. For example if you had 2 sky+'s and a standard box = 5. But if theres no need, they wont install one as they are pretty expensive.

Seem that all the hd's @ the moment are pretty good, you get little niggles with different makes. You only hear about people getting problems on this forum, so most times everything is ok. Hope you enjoy hd :thumbsup:

5. ohhnoo

ohhnoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Do you reckon if I told the engineer I wanted sky+HD in my living room, move my old sky+ to the dining room then move the the very old standard sky box to my bedroom with a view to upgrade to multiroom in the future, therefore the need for 5 outputsand an octo lnb.:devil: