Will Setanta go HD??

bigb

Now that Setanta are big players in the sports tv I was trying to contact Setanta HQ to find out if they will be going HD in the near future but the only phone number put me through to their subscription dept who know damn all. Anybody have a contact in Setanta or even a phone number that doesn't put you to their subs dept?

johnmcf

Novice Member
if you are thinking about SPL football there coverage is actually outsourced to SMG [Scottish Media Group] who do all the filming of SPL games.

pnangna

Novice Member
bigb said:
Now that Setanta are big players in the sports tv I was trying to contact Setanta HQ to find out if they will be going HD
I wouldnt hold your breath I cant see this happening anytime soon

Argee1977

Novice Member
I was just about to say whats already been said, Setanta are an Irish company that outsource and rent all their equipment, studios, etc so i doubt they'll be doing anything in HD for a long time

bigb

Argee1977 said:
I was just about to say whats already been said, Setanta are an Irish company that outsource and rent all their equipment, studios, etc so i doubt they'll be doing anything in HD for a long time
not what I wanted to hear but with them now owning NASN and Sky having the big HD push, Setanta have to be careful the punters don't ignore them completely when you see what's on offer on the new fab Skysports HD

chic

bigb said:
Now that Setanta are big players in the sports tv I was trying to contact Setanta HQ to find out if they will be going HD in the near future but the only phone number put me through to their subscription dept who know damn all. Anybody have a contact in Setanta or even a phone number that doesn't put you to their subs dept?

cant see it, they dont even broadcast the games in widescreen:(

normanenglish

Novice Member
chic said:
cant see it, they dont even broadcast the games in widescreen:(
For a while mid-season the matches were widescreen, then magically they jumped back to 4:3. Given that the punters shell out more than £100 a year, they need to get their act together and at least put the matches into widescreen and up the bitrate to a satisfactory standard. At the moment on my 40" LCD it looks terrible.

Also they should dump Burley from the analysis as he talks the biggest load of... week in week out.

Argee1977

Novice Member
bigb said:
not what I wanted to hear but with them now owning NASN and Sky having the big HD push, Setanta have to be careful the punters don't ignore them completely when you see what's on offer on the new fab Skysports HD

As said above they use SMGs equipment, there were deals done that way hence why Scottish TV get to show highlights, the bad news is that STV/ITV/SMG are looking likely to be the last to go out and buy HD equipment and since Setanta don't own any kit they'd have to go out and buy all the HD equipment themselves, which is not going to happen.

Argee1977

Novice Member
Oh yeah, and its getting cancelled in my house as of now, thats where the money will come from to pay the £10 a month for Sky HD, because the quality of setanta is very poor even against normal sky.

pnangna

Novice Member
jonf said:
Satanta go HD....and why? SKY do Sport.
True, I would like to see Sky Sports America HD which would be perfect for me.
NASN is run by a bunch of irish yokels in a garden shed.