will series link work for double friends?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Jules, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +767
    I've had little success with series link in the past, and resorted to adding programmes manually to the Sky+ planner.

But, I'm away next week and want to catch series 9 of friends which starts next Monday on E4. So I will have to give series link another go in the hope of catching them all.

The problem is that E4 broadcast 2 episodes per day back to back at 5.pm & 5.30pm, then repeats them at 8pm & 8.30pm.
    If I series link the 8pm slot, will it successfully record the 8.30 slot aswell or should I series link both?

Also would it link to the repeated time slot and record
    duplicates (preferable to missing episodes).

So how should I do this for it to work properly?

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I would guess just select first show + link. Selected 1st early show, once it's recorded it the next program it's going to record appears on the planner. If it's not showing the next program (episode 2), select it & link. As your away, try it with one of the many repeated series to check it out before or manualy select them for this week & experiment on your return. You could always select & link them all as belt & braces then delete the duplicates! (if any)

3. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +767
    tried linking the first slot tonight and it didn't record the 2nd.
    So I'll try linking both for tomorrow.

The annoying thing is that next Saturday its on at a slightly different time, and I'll be away before I get chance to link to it.
    Looks like I'm going to have to leave the box on E4 all week and program the DVD recorded to get next Saturdays episodes.

Series link is pretty pathetic really isn't it!

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

I am afraid they are only as good as the broadcaster wants them to be, some channels still refuse to use them and others can't even keep to the EPG schedules that they themselves create.
    I am surprised that E4 didn't link the second episode tonight to the first one, that would seem to be such an obvious useage.

When you selected the first episode was the series link option available, if so what has it entered for the linked program?

5. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Yes, the link option was available and it linked to the same 8pm slot tomorrow, missing out the 8.30 slot today!

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Very careless programming or plain incompetence by the person employeed by E4 to compile the EPG data for the series links then:(

In regards to the Season 9 episodes perhaps series linking both the screenings is a reasonable option, if they get it right then SKY will just record two of everything:)