Will Sat cable and Coaxial cable do the same job

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mr Kennedy, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Mr Kennedy

Mr Kennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi I'm new so be gentle, just wondering if Sat cable and Coaxial cable will do the same job, as i bought a TV LINK and i bought Sat cable thinking this would be the right cable and was even told that by the guy in the shop, but will this work the TV LINK?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Cable_Index/Coaxial_and_Satellite/index.html

The Black one is the one i have, will this be ok as my TVLINK is not working correctly

Thanks

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    :thumbsup: should work perfectly

3. Mr Kennedy

Mr Kennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Ok thanks, but the problem is it's not.

The TV LINK is working fine when plugged in on it's own aswell as when i add a 1m extension cable (got from my VCR). But when i connect the sat cable it does work, but no red light comes on. Now i know it's the cable and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions around this, it's all in one peice and around 15m long.

Could it be the male and female connectors?

UPDATE - Ok took off the male and female connectors so just showing the single core wire and they still wont make the red light come on.

Getting a little annoying now.

4. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    How are you connecting the TV link?? Is it by one continuous length of cable?? If at any point it goes through an aerial socket then you need something to keep the 9v intact. If this is the case you would need a distribution system which passes the 9v through.

5. graham w

graham w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting post Parklife.
    I have just connected a spare coax which runs to the loft from my sky+.
    I then connected it to another coax which in turn goes to another room,it worked fine.
    The new room which is connected ,terminates to a wall connector.
    I would like to fit a remote link to this, so the fact that it works on the tv does this mean a link will work or will the wallplate socket stop the 9v passing?

6. Mr Kennedy

Mr Kennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    It's all sorted now, it was my Male and Female connectors. I'm using 17m of Digital cable and the i put the tv link on the end and then a 1m cable to the back of the tv.

7. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Graham

I am pretty sure that a wall connector will prevent the 9v from passing through. It did when I tried it anyway. I had exactly the same scenario...I could get a picture but no light on the TV link so no channel changing. I bought myslef a loftbox and all was sorted! Plus you can then also pipe it to other rooms in the house.