• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Will Samsung.com sell 2018 & 2019 QLEDs at the same time?

D

Deleted member 825435

Does anyone recall if the Samsung.com UK shop sold the 2017 & 2018 models at the same time, or if they will sell the 2018 & 2019 models concurrently?

Here is the background to my dilemma:

In January I ordered a 55” Q9F when it was priced at £1799, but as it was through my employers discount scheme the actual cost was £1490. Although Samsung accepted the order, they said they had run out of stock and wanted to cancel to order, were not prepared to substitute for anything else, but would give me a 30% voucher to be used against anything on their site (valid for 90 days).

Two days after the order was cancelled, the Q9F was back in stock, but at £2199.

Is it credible that they didn’t know that stock was arriving in two days... I think they just didn’t want to complete the order as the price had increased and dicked me about.

With the 30% off, I also considered upgrading our games room/xbox TV to a 65” (possibly 75”) NU8000 at the same time. This had also increased in price.

I waited a week to see if the price dropped, the NU did a little, but in the end I ordered just the 55” Q9F through my work discount scheme for £1800... my intention was to return it after a few weeks when the prices had dropped and get the 65” Q9F & NU8000 (plus possibly a watch).

The dilemma:

The “free” phone offer and the 2019 QLED launch has complicated matters.

We really like the 55” Q9F, so would be happy to go with the 65”, but will this be available on Samsung.com when the Q90F is is released?

Assuming the 2018 range is still available, will the prices drop?

The Q9F is a huge improvement over our previous TV, but is it worth considering the Q90F as it is likely to be ~£1000 more expensive?

If you have made it this far then thank you for your time and patience!

david-park

" Although Samsung accepted the order, they said they had run out of stock and wanted to cancel to order, were not prepared to substitute for anything else,"

Well over the years I've had this happen to me with Hotpoint/Indesit kitchen appliances Orders accepted and they run out of stock on both occasions they supplied a higher price upgrade model at no extra cost with apologies.

I would think Samsung once accepting your order should have done the same.
Maybe you should have taken legal advice.

D

Deleted member 825435

I was expecting Samsung to do the decent thing, and either honour the order or give me the 65” instead... in the early stages of communication, they did suggest this was possible but then retracted it when they said there was no upgrade from the Q9F.

They also increased the discount voucher %age, their initial offer was less than what I get from my employers scheme, but they gradually increased it to 30% and finally offered an additional £50 off as long as I agreed to cancel my order.

The dealings with their support staff were long and drawn out... the people on the phones didn’t appear to have any authority as they always had to “speak to a manager” which always took many hours or even the next day before I got a response.

As for the legal route, I really didn’t consider it, and dread to think of the amount if time it would consume for a relatively modest amount (assuming that legal action would be successful).

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom