• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Will Sagem do 48hz?

marscay

Wanted to know whether anyone had tried the sagems @ 48hz which is perfect for watching ntsc film.

If not how much judder do you experience at 50hz?

Or will a combination of reclock and 50hz achieve good results here for ntsc film (3:2 pulldown)?

marscay

48 views and no responses :(

anyway my HD56 arrived today .....what a beast of a tv for the money.

was initially quite dissapointed when my dvd's through my pio dv444 looked pretty avg as i thought the sagem would upscale it better.....however dvd's play through the htpc with dscaler gave some incredible results. guess my old player aint upto it now.

1080i ts with IVTC through dscaler is out of this world on this set.....incredible :thumbsup:

ps2 looks like ass even with monster component cables but i half expected this......xbox looks pretty cool in 720p, can only imagine the 360 looking really great on this tv.

will try and get some screenshots in the next few days.

dapex

as some one waiting for delivery of the sagem 56" I would love to see some screen shots and any info you can provide about your HCPC setup would be great.

Cheers

pjclark1

marscay said:
was initially quite dissapointed when my dvd's through my pio dv444 looked pretty avg as i thought the sagem would upscale it better.....however dvd's play through the htpc with dscaler gave some incredible results. guess my old player aint upto it now.

Same here with my Liteon Dvd player, component looked no good at all from it, but my PC gives great results (1280 x 720 into DVI).

marscay

here's a couple of pics which don't do the tv any justice at all - not the best camera .....or cameraman :) first clip 720p & the second 1080i.

1280x720 is a great res for htpc, with my x300 i got a fair bit of overscanning (half the start bar and the clock gone) but with a x1800xt it looks pixel perfect to me.

dapex what do you want to know?? got a smallish lian-li full atx case inside the tv cabinet running a 3700+ sandiego @ 2.7ghz + x1800xt running dvi.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom